How prepared are you for snowmageddon?

arking_mark

Why do you say that? Resistive heaters shouldn't care if you're feeding them a square wave or a modified sine wave or a sine wave. They're actually more forgiving than other devices that act poorly to the harmonic content in square and modified sine waves.

Your tank's water temperature can drop a substantial amount before most stuff will have much of a concern. Even 70 degrees is tolerable. You can increase the time it takes to get to the lower temperatures by raising the temperature of your tank a little now. For example, take it up to 80 from 78 will buy you a little extra time before you're forced to use other means to heat the tank.

I use my Stanley 500w power inverter all the time when I wanna take a road trip and use it to run a heater in my 5g buckets.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW DO YOU KEEP TANK WARM? Boil water from gas stove? Ideas?

I am thinking

I throw a dozen firefish in there with a couple of flame scallops and maybe a fire coral. Keeps it nice and toasty.

I throw a dozen firefish in there with a couple of flame scallops and maybe a fire coral. Keeps it nice and toasty.

Kek

Here's an idea I have yet to try. My twin size electric blanket draws 180 watts and when I get under it I roast. Wrap my tank in it with modest flow?

I'm very prepared. I sure hope its gonna snow more then this... Haha

I too feel ready.

Bought another marine deep cycle battery from costo this morning. Charged them up and they are ready to go.  My neighbor has a whole house generator and will allow me to recharge my batteries at her place if needed. Also got D-batteries for my air pumps plus the battery back up for my mp40 is ready to go.

Now let it show. Looking forward to taking my son out to sled in the winter wonder land.

This was my back yard last year and what it will probably look like in the morning. No problem. It's kind of interesting.

Haloween%20snow%20008_zpsjr15eheg.jpg

Of course, you still have to get rid of it

2015-01-27%2008.37.39_zpskaknvsmf.jpg