Der ABT 80g office nano

Der ABT

Been a while and time for an update

So the 156 got the worlds worst……AEFW….from a clam I purchased…..all went down hill from there and with time constraints I was almost breaking the tank down.  Somehow I still have corals and lots of algae growing but…was just hard…didn’t want to throw away giant infested colonies….you would be surprised how many are doing ok.

Now ive moved back to Arlington and was going to move the 156 over and revamp….was talked into downsizing to the 80g I was planning for a frag tank…..kinda happy how it turned out so far…will be a little less work.

Not sure on lighting yet….may be a MH on a light mover, may be t5 led combo….just not sure yet.

Tank is 48x24 by like 17 or so.

Here is the progress so far. Got the tank moved into the new office

20151220_121216_zpsbwlws8pk.jpg

Not a fan of blue background and clear bottom....painted bottom white and took away the blue

20151224_133518_zpsyuvmysy2.jpg

First Livestock

20160110_102310_zpspo0cfx3g.jpg

20160110_102344_zpshydnbzex.jpg

SLOOOOW fill

20160110_173236_zpsj0ctbmpk.jpg

That’s its for now waiting for the fill and double checking plumbing etc then will start to transfer over what im keeping and getting rid of the rest…..didnt realize how much stuff ive accumulated over the years.

Hopefully ill be able to keep this one lookin nice.

Looking good! Are you keeping it BB?

Following along. Can't wait to see how you fit everything. Including the shark!

Edited by SunWyrm

Yes will stay bare bottom.....

Plan on going fish and zoas only for a while to make sure those worms are gone.....then will get back my stickhead reputation with a mainly sps tank with a few clams if all goes well

So far she is filled up and will do a last plumbing test tonight. Then add salt aND some rock then fish...

So far it will be

Blue face angel

Purple tang (this may change depending on rock work but it's one of the kids fav)

Bartlett anthias

Clowns

Cleaner wrasse

And will probably add a wrasse or two down the road to replace the jumpers I just lost last week...guess my screen wasn't sitting right.

Will be powered by an

avast cs1

Mp40

Avast reactors/ato/kalk stirrer

Avast ca rx in due time

Probably some d120 t5 mix for now in a canopy

Avast auto water change

Hopefully I'll get it all into a nice schedule and be much happier

3rd baby coming early February

20160113_220556_zps0zp32bai.jpg

She has water and no leaks....buuuut

Holy cow I guess I got spoiled by how quiet the herbie was...this thing is loud

Been too long since I've had just straight holes in back...any suggestions

Or should I be ordering glass to make a box in back...which I'm leaning towards

Definitely buy the glass and build the overflow box. Also, if it was me, I would swap out those white pvc elbows for some dark gray sch 80 fittings.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Definitely buy the glass and build the overflow box. Also, if it was me, I would swap out those white pvc elbows for some dark gray sch 80 fittings.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Yep order that glass. Since I grew up in the hood. I would have to admit it looks Ghetto.

• 1 month later...

Well got fish in it.....putting more from the 156 in now......haven't had time to finish much of anything but in other news we had out 3rd daughter

So going to be a little busy with that for a little while....hopefully I'll still get some time to finish it all up soon. ...I'll grab some pics in a little

Dude, congratulations!

Let me know when you want to get rid of that blueface, I'll setup a tank for it alone! I'm around Arlington everyday these days, so if you ever need any help, just lmk.