What rare corals do you have? Top 5?

Reefer_Madness

Nice! Do you see those bright reds in person in your tank?

Time will tell if there is as much red in the photo but there is red at the base. New growth tips are pink with yellow corallites. I have the coral placed near bottom of tank with medium flow so possibly less light brings out more red.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of us invested (wasted) our money in corals rather than fancy macro cameras with filters.  Almost all of mine are frags or pre-mini colonies, so pics look like blue sticks stuck to plugs.  What they will become is what I am working towards.   

So the question is, do these frags have amazing colors in our tanks like in the stock photos? I am definitely staying away from Jason fox corals based on just one observation. I saw that his red dragon looks crazzzzzy red. In real life I see pink red dragons everywhere I go. Maybe he is just more talented and can squeeze out better color than us?

I crashed and burned on WWC blue stag. I paid close to $40 for the frag just for it to show up with no blue on it. It actually looks just like my purple stag I have trouble selling for $7 My friend just got back from the actual WWC store in Florida. He looked at a whole row of the blue stag and told me there wasn't anything blue about them. I don't want to bash WWC or JF because it seems as if all the top internet coral shops are misleading their customers.  

FTFY :tongue: 

L5jEd1W.png

Haha nice work!  To be honest the Fox Flame is probably the nicest coral from JF.  Although not as red as the stock photo, there is red and it's a truly unique coral as far as SPS goes.

I figured. Didn't mean to insinuate his is 'shopped out of proportion, just poking fun. Also, your photo looks a bit cooler than his. Even just slightly adjusting the temperature it looked closer, but I went overboard with the lipstick/blush tools on picmonkey for the above effect.  :cool:

I see far to much photo shopping nowadays. I really try hard to only buy coral in person. Have been burnt a few times

Burnt by the Flame?

I'm pretty disappointed by my RR Orange Passion. Should look like this.

a68c20d91e9b292a4e42bd71df7cf25e.jpg

If I show you the pic of the true colors, I will lose all WAMAS respect.... Haha. It only looks a little cool under actinic. Otherwise it looks brown and white

Keep your chin up, my op is looking like that, just not quite so much green yet. The happier it gets the oranger the polyps get.

Burnt by the Flame?

I'm pretty disappointed by my RR Orange Passion. Should look like this.

If I show you the pic of the true colors, I will lose all WAMAS respect.... Haha. It only looks a little cool under actinic. Otherwise it looks brown and white

Do it. I need more practice! ;)

Cars

That's all I got lol

Maybe pink lemonade

What's the difference between bowsers and cars they look the same to me in your pic

I "had" these corals a while back.  They are frags, but they came from battle corals.  They were healthy/colorful, I just am not good with acros.

11060070786_b1a39df50f_c.jpg20131125_203053-1 by mteske1, on Flickr

11060108634_b64c678408_c.jpg20131125_203059-1 by mteske1, on Flickr

10696807245_a6850064f5_c.jpg20131105_152152 by mteske1, on Flickr

10696859164_04eafe7124_c.jpg20131105_152122 by mteske1, on Flickr

My new moto is a nice mushroom tank is better than a bad sps tank.