GOSKN5's 74 gallon rimless tower

GOSKN5

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocks up close.. should have nice space for corals and good caves and depth for fish...

And a side note... wasn't sure if the low iron glass was worth it or not.. totally worth it.. clarity is awesome, can't even tell there is glass there...

eb1ef013f03e6518d3df5bfe86daab1e.jpg

Edited by GOSKN5

adding these guys for flow... should be able to basically hide them behind the rocks on the overflow... never had Tunze before... interested to see how they stack up..

6ae957c763e48b23e9d254def2f93c37.jpg

And here is the reason I wanted to try these little tunze powerheads.. picture of the tank after I put them in

1a1b9967f68dd91115ac8779a3834648.jpg

If ya look close enough you can see the cords, which will be more visible when I add a real light to the tank... but the fact that you can't see the actual pump is what I was after... although I'm not 100% sold on the flow yet... have to see it with some corals to move around...

Ordered a hydra 26 HD... got it in yesterday. Pretty sweet light, although the app isn't working for me. Was able to program it with my surface for now.

Light stand looks better than I anticipated and the wife approved ;)

9a58241439c4e905ffff6a1eeeb9be9e.jpg

Gonna likely need another hydra when things are in and growing... maybe t5 retro if can figure out a way to get on the light stand without looking too bad...

Also ammonia dropped to about .50.. and I detected nitrites for the first time.. so they cycle is moving...

Ordered a hydra 26 HD... got it in yesterday. Pretty sweet light, although the app isn't working for me. Was able to program it with my surface for now.

Light stand looks better than I anticipated and the wife approved ;)

Gonna likely need another hydra when things are in and growing... maybe t5 retro if can figure out a way to get on the light stand without looking too bad...

Also ammonia dropped to about .50.. and I detected nitrites for the first time.. so they cycle is moving...

Looks good! Any issues with mounting from the ceiling? I don't know why this is not a more popular option. Everything is very clean on this setup, hanging light would compliment that, IMO.

I say hang it and see if it really bothers her. Easier to get forgiveness than permission

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

High five!

But seriously, why is she against it? She must have a reason. I can send you pictures of all my larger tanks that you can show her how easy it is (all rentals also!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks good man.  Don't listen to all these guys.  I really like it.

Just watch out to keep that floor looking nice. I always ends up with a pile of "stuff" around my tank.  That's what the wife hates more than anything.

I agree about the mounting. It keeps drawing my attention to it instead of the tank which looks awesome. I want all the focus on the tank so I went with these for Kessil and Radions I have had in the past. While my current lights are hung (MH) this is bar far the cleanest setup. No cords in sight! Install is easy as well.

http://www.reeflightmounts.com/hydra-26-mount-hydra-52-mount.htm

You guys gave me the ammunition I needed.. talked her into it haha... ordered the hanging kit for the AI rail last night haha...

I wanted to keep the AI mount because I plan to add a second hydra as the funds are available and tank gets to growing etc..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally tank is clear... added a filter sock to sump and it made a HUGE difference..

3f45bbb72a85428d7102dde582d2bff9.jpg

Couple frags in there doing well too...

6278930d3df4f4b5bf29d683415efbf3.jpg