GOSKN5's 74 gallon rimless tower

GOSKN5

Love these unique sized tanks! What the plan for long term water movement? I would probably go with a few smaller powerheads at different depths in the tank. Don't want all that crud settling to the bottom with no way to make the long trip up to the overflow.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks... I have 3 in there now.. still aiming them etc.. but a Tunze 6020 nanostream behind rocks aimed down at bottom... and two rw4s aimed across either side from back....

• 2 weeks later...

Have added a few things from fellow reefers and a LA order... nothing special.. yet...

ORA red goni

168e1c5532a41209cf2ca517a11fae1b.jpg

Frogspawn and neon cloves

2481c4bb68dedc6f7d4f76753f78bcaf.jpg

Pretty cool macro algae

86ad0585fbc7821e1b1705bbe0bd362a.jpg

Flame hawkfish and some cinnamon grandis

6df8dc130d6acbc34b4339d4c25e707c.jpg

Have a couple others zoas, birdsnest, monti, gorg...

e2d0fb1ec38cc8280f61be91feffd606.jpg

4c2bacbc748b64e2210e7fbb5fa7c734.jpg

ac0be99c057a3c482ab1b4b61deb17dd.jpg

Looking good! I went with white and bare bottom this time around after seeing your last setup and this one. It's quite bright but so far I like it.

Looking good! I went with white and bare bottom this time around after seeing your last setup and this one. It's quite bright but so far I like it.

Thanks... yea it's bright for sure haha... but I like it a lot and it's easy to clean... friendlier on the eyes than regular unpainted barebottom

Love the tank and this thread is giving me some great ideas. Really like the white bottom. Where did you get your sump?

Thanks... my sump is a deep blue 28 gallon??? It's 20x20x16... no baffles

It's tight for sure.. at first I wasn't crazy about the height.. but it allows me to run more water and also keeps splashing etc... but it's a tight fit for sure haha

I need to get on the gorg game. I love your pictures of them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I love them / mine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looking good, have I suggested hanging the light from the ceiling? ;)

Looking good, have I suggested hanging the light from the ceiling? ;)

Hahha maybe you did.... even ordered the hanging kit... wife couldn't get past the cord showing... she weird haha

74 gallon tower coming along...

4 fish in now..

-black snowflake occy

-orchid dottyback

-flame hawkfish

-pink spotted goby

A few LPS, zoas, gorgonian (more to come), a few macro algaes, leather, couple easy SPS...

172511791f36f75de9f54e5b6639dcb7.jpg

4a9a10f383a9f28fb966823e3057c5c5.jpg

935dc9e42eb0a89a9b0391263a8bb0fc.jpg

Quick shot of flame hawk hanging out by the ORA hypnea macro that is really growing well and getting a nice blue color (hard to capture in pic)

0d3ccc5b68929d068c0e72cd54c9ae69.jpg

I am running one hydra 26hd...I have my blues at about 75% white at about 35 and others around 10-15...

I am about to add a second 26hd for more even coverage.. would I need to lower the totals for both lights by a percentage? Or run acclimation mode or what?

I am running one hydra 26hd...I have my blues at about 75% white at about 35 and others around 10-15...

I am about to add a second 26hd for more even coverage.. would I need to lower the totals for both lights by a percentage? Or run acclimation mode or what?

I would figure that if you're adding double the power, then x2 at roughly 40% white and 20% blues and whatever you figure on the other. If you wanted to play it safe, and I think that would be safe.

Now me... I would just add the other Hydra at the same specs as the first, do it on a weekend, look for any negative effects. I'm cavalier and lazy, so take that for what it's worth.

Haha not sure it quite works like that haha... it won't really be double the power because the coverage angles etc will be different... In other words one coral was off to side of the light will now be under it...

But I get what you mean.. I'm gonna scale it back at least 25% or so I think to be safe... I don't have any really picky stuff in there yet anyway...

Got the twin hydra HDs going... coverage looks nice... as things grow in that second hydra is gonna be important I think..

turned them down some and will keep any eye on things...

461b655b8ab7cc924b1967ac0b68b316.jpg

Edited by GOSKN5