What to do with my frags???

Bbwebb

I have an enormous green/yellow tabling acropora that I need to frag.  I live out in Winchester and my LFS says he never has any luck with SPS, so he doesn't want my frags (even for free).  Any suggestions on what to do with them?  I haven't fragged it yet, but I should get some sizeable colonies off of it.  The colony is easily 10" long, 4" wide, and probably 5" tall.

Thanks

Bill

If we have our fall meeting and you decide to come to it you can sell frags there. People usually start posting what they have for sale a few weeks before the meeting, take orders, and then bring the frags to the meeting. Also lets see some pictures!!

Sell a frag for $20 to someone, use it to buy your wamas membership.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great idea, you won't regret it. Best $20 I've spend in this hobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in Winchester frequently and would be more then glad to meet you somewhere to pick up a frag.  I'm in the process of setting up a 300 deep dimension and will need all the freebies I can get.  

Ive seen the LFS coral setup you are talking about and, although its huge, they have problems keeping anything that isn't on the "easy" scale.  I'm not going to speculate on the reasons why because I'm no marine biologist/expert reef keeper but some things are a bit obvious. . . . :)

Thanks for all of the messages!  I had no idea I would get such a response.  I'll definitely be fragging more often now that I feel like I can find people that want them.   I've already given all of the frags from this cutting away, but I'm sure there will be more.  Here are some pictures for those that are still curious.

IMG_2087-M.jpg

IMG_2087_2-M.jpg

Thanks for all of the messages! I had no idea I would get such a response. I'll definitely be fragging more often now that I feel like I can find people that want them. I've already given all of the frags from this cutting away, but I'm sure there will be more. Here are some pictures for those that are still curious.

IMG_2087-M.jpg

IMG_2087_2-M.jpg

Nice setup! Just FYI we reserve the members section for buying/selling/trading. It's only $20 a year, and it pays for itself very quickly.

Nice setup! Just FYI we reserve the members section for buying/selling/trading. It's only $20 a year, and it pays for itself very quickly.

Thanks for the heads up!  I've actually been a member for probably 3-4 years.  I just never participate in the forum, and have only attended a couple of events.

I really need to change that!

Thanks for the heads up! I've actually been a member for probably 3-4 years. I just never participate in the forum, and have only attended a couple of events.

I really need to change that!

Oh my! I just saw! We could have put this in the FS forum, although it looks like it's gone to good hands.

Take some time to come to our Oct. 17th meeting! Everyone is still coming down off MACNA, so there should be a good buzz! Some expert reefers out your way as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1

Sorry just saw where you are a member. Best $2o ever spent

Edited by TonyInVa

If the meeting stays on the 17th I'll be there! Saw some discussion about moving it.

The meeting is on the 17th. There's no discussion about moving it. Just people jokingly claiming rights to "their day" - their birthdays. Please don't let that confuse anybody. The meeting thread is located here:  

Can always bring it to our shop.  We are always taking in trades :)

Trades are always good :)

To think I've spent so much time in the past stressing about what to do with my cuttings!  I have no idea why I didn't ask here sooner.