Aqua Illumination Prime Light

Big Country

When I was at MACNA on Saturday I was checking out different LED lights, I looked at the AI Prime light.  Anyone here have any experience with the AquaIllumination lights?  I have a rimless Deep Blue 60 frag tank which is 48x24x12 and was thinking about hanging two of these lights on it.  The tank is mostly LPS corals.

In my experience, most of the major brand name leds are well made and durable and usually made of non corrosive materials. Fans and drivers burn out on all brands across the board.

AIs, Radions, Kessil and Maxspect are all quality lighting systems. Having worked with many of these, prior to MACNA, and recently being involved with their display setups at MACAN we find that the perfect fit for you is dependent on your specific application. Customer support on failures such as fans and burned out LEDs has varied by manufacturer, and there have been recent changes to how that works.

On all of these lines, and others at MACNA, local retails (who have "hands on" displays, and support WAMAS) and online sellers (who , but may charge shipping) have the same minimum advertised prices. Many "open box" items will be available locally at retailers after show... at BELOW minimum advertised prices.

AI lights are good.  But the prime is more suited to a 12 x 12 x 12 area.with LPS you might be able to get a 18" x 18" spread out of them.  I would go with 2x hydra 26's if your buying new or try and find 2 used older AI hydras.