MACNA - guide to free...yes free found free coupons for goodness

Der ABT

OK now that I have your attention.

I just spent the other evening volunteering to move a bunch of stuff into the venue…..hooray me right…WRONG…I feel like a bad member only helping out with 1 thing 1 night….and with 2 kids I know its not easy to get time away to do this.

HOLY COW…. The amount of work our officers and main volunteers are putting into this even is MIND BOGGLING. I am still laughing about how large this venue and event really is…I thought I got it and I was wrong until I saw it in person…I went…wow this is huge….they said oh this is just 1 room and it goes into a few more past those curtains.

So the point to my thread is this……anyone volunteering thank you…thank you….thank you.

To all those on the fence or only able to help a little If its just and hour, 30 minutes…whatever the case…any time you can commit to and actually give will be appreciated by everyone in attendance...i know its easy to say hey I can help and then back out….(gotta say ive done that before) but anyone that is willing….PLEASE help….while they may have things covered the amount of work would really be better with more people….if I could be here I would be volunteering even more after seeing all the work they are putting into this.

Im not even going to be able to make this event but still needed to give some praise to those making this possible

PLEASE offer to help in some way and show what this club is really about.  If you see any of the volunteers officers etc…please either ask what you can do to help….OR BUY THEM A BEER…or two…just make sure to limit doug, or video tape it if the limit is lifted.

MORE HELP IS NEEDED THAN WE THINK.   I understand if you live far away hard to do the pre stuff…but offer yourself during the event and youll thank yourself later….

Here are is a pick of the first unloading….of GIVE aways

20150831_190918_zpsxpqdbt5g.jpg

20150831_193102_zpsu2g4yz42.jpg

It is mind blowing!  Between working behind the scenes and Denver last year to this weekend Thank You to everyone helping out!  I can't wait to get there Friday.

Haha, Evan gets it.  A bunch of today's volunteers now get it.  Funny thing, at 10:45, 1.5 hours we told all the volunteers to go home, I came across 3 who were still hanging out looking at the tanks.  They had the biggest smiles on their faces. You could tell they truly had fun despite working hard.  They definitely got how fun and rewarding it is to help make this incredible event happen.  

We need more of them! 

I feel really grateful for being able to volunteer today, because folks who did got to have a sneak-peak while the vendors were still setting up. I was nearly overwhelmed just with that, so I can't imagine what it will be like tomorrow in actual conference mode.

Evan, thanks for the call to arms eight (yes, eight) days ago. 

Wow. What a crazy ride it's been. Years of planning paid off. We had a great team and managed to pull off the largest MACNA ever, with an estimated 3,583 in attendance from all around the world. One guy that I talked with flew in from Saudi Arabia specifically to attend MACNA. He said that it was the largest marine conference of its kind (education + exhibition) in the world. Another couple came in from Australia, scheduling their travel itinerary around MACNA's show dates. The point is, our all-volunteer team managed to do something really notable on for a global audience. Pretty cool, huh?