National Aquarium

John Ford

Shelby and I are taking Gavin to the Aquarium for the first time tomorrow. Its been awhile since I have been there and Ive never been there with a kid. Is there anything you all recommend we stop and check out for toddlers? Sometimes It gets busy there and I would hate to overlook something that would have been cool to see for him. Thanks!

My kids love the dolphins above all else. Try and go during a feeding time. Also enjoy the sharks, jelly fish, and huge freshwater fish/turtles. Concentrate on a few things and take your time. You will enjoy it more that way. I bought a membership last year since it came out cheaper if we went at least twice in a year.

You are right about that, and when you factor in parking. . . there goes frag money for the month! :)

That maybe Frag money for a couple after we eat out as well~ :blink:

My kids love the dolphins above all else. Try and go during a feeding time. Also enjoy the sharks, jelly fish, and huge freshwater fish/turtles. Concentrate on a few things and take your time. You will enjoy it more that way. I bought a membership last year since it came out cheaper if we went at least twice in a year.

Once he gets older Im going to look into that membership, Thanks! 

Park in little Italy you can find spots for free and its a 2 second walk. Our fav. Restaurant there is macormick and Schmidtts its a little pricey but amazing. My daughter loves the new Australia exibit. Well not so new anymore

I havent been there in a long time. I remember the days of taking my boys up there and lugging them around there for hours. Have a great time!!

It's a good time of you get there early. People enjoy right as your walking up to the tanks jumping right in front of you

The touch tanks are new. There used to be one big circle of I'm remembering correctly but now it's set up different and they added a jelly fish touch tank.

Gavin was a bit overwhelmed so it was a quick trip. He was saying bigggggg Fish! On the way home :)

and as a member you don't have to wait for your assigned time and line up like crazy during summer.  Members have a separate entrance and you just waltz in when ever you want to.   I have advised out of town friends who's time is valuable to just pay the extra for membership just to avoid the line.  It goes to a good cause.