tap water has a green tint

treesprite

I was putting some tap water into a white bucket and noticed that the water has a green tint to it. I don't generally fill buckets of water with water straight from the tap, so I don't know if the water has been like this, or if it is something new. What would cause such a thing?

Most pools have bottoms that are painted white but the chemicals in the water make it appear blue. I would take a wild guess and say the water is blue but was viewed under a slightly yellow light?

Most pools have bottoms that are painted white but the chemicals in the water make it appear blue. I would take a wild guess and say the water is blue but was viewed under a slightly yellow light?

It's not chemicals in the pool it's just how water interacts with light. You can test it by picking up pool water in your hands or a cup. It's the depth of the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read something about copper pipes making tap water have a green tint. The building I live in is very old, so I'm wondering if that's the source of the color.

Now I need to see if what somes out of the RODI filter has that tint to it (using same bucket of course).