Tank Moving Party.. Sunday 11AM

Scubaguy

I had some friends run and hide after committing to assist. 

I would like to move this tank from the garage to the basement. Which will be doing down a flight of outside steps and a hard right turn. 

If you have muscles and free time.. I will buy subway sandwiches and have some cold ones available for after..

I picked up 8 handles from the club this morning and need to return them Monday..

Im in Manassas close to the airport off of Clover Hill Road. 

PM me if you can swing by ... Thanks Richie

post-2634883-0-91605400-1426963277_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scubaguy

Oh that's nice. I'm not really in the area but if you need an extra hand I might be able to make a trip if can't get anyone closer.

Thanks.. I appreciate it.. I have 7 Right now.. Possible 8.. No need for you to come from G'burg.  Will post pictures on build thread once its downstairs..:)

Have someone take pictures! Good luck!

OKAY that went a lot smoother than I thought it would. The club suction cups came in handy for sure! Would highly recommend to anyone moving a tank.

post-2634883-0-44743400-1427045063_thumb.jpg

Phew! After we'd talked, I was still worried that you wouldn't be able to get it down the stairs. I'm glad that it went smoothly! See you tomorrow.

Was 6 people on the tank overkill or perfect? Where are the suction cups kept?

The cups can be found under the sticky in "member discussion." Here is a link. I've used them 2 times, and I've helped countless folks move tanks with them also, they are really worth the rental price, and they are the higher grade suction cups then the ones you can buy super cheap but have to constantly question if the suction will break and your tank will crash before your eyes.

We had all 8 on an eight foot tank and it was perfect. The load was spread evenly across.

The stairs were a bit tight to navigate but we took our time...

Thanks again!

You can lock this thread Tom.. Updates will be on the build thread..

Richie