It is time to finish our build

Huly

Well football season etc kept us so busy we didn't get to keep working on the fish room/ 250DD but it is time to get back on track. 

Step 1- Floor (currently concrete)

What is the best waterproofing for the floor?  Any contractors that you recommend to do it?  We were thinking the stuff similar to garage floor that your spray down

Step 2-  Walls

Anyone know a place to get the white plastic wall sheets like they use in restaurants?

Step 3-  Stand

Wood or metal (remember it will be an in wall aquarium)

Yes for garage epoxy...you roll it on,,,pretty easy as long as the floor is nice and clean

The plastic sheets can be ordered through lowes or homedepot (I don't think they keep them instock any longer) but they are $$ like $150 for a 4x8 sheet...

Plus you still want to use a water'proof' drywall underneath like densarmor...or green board if you will have low humidity

And I like the ease of wood but metal is much thinner and sturdier...

Edited by smallreef

YES!!!!!! 

I cant wait to see this come together!

1. The redgard is a good product, it is a waterproofing membrane you paint on or you can go with the standard garage epoxy

2. The Plastic sheets should be something you can order from Lowes

3. Wood is going to be much more cost efficient but I think this one comes down to personal preference

As always if you guys need a hand with anything dont hesitate to give me a call!

Thanks guys! 

With the floor epoxy how smelly is it?  Should I send my other furkids on a mini vacation?  Do I need a day to keep the basement door open? 

ERC- You know we will be in touch! 

Christie, talk to John C. about the epoxy - both his garage and fish room are covered in it. He'll know how much it gives off and how much ventilation you'll want. 

It's going to be such a cool room when you get it setup! So jealous of your space!

I used epoxy in my basement. Youll need a day to etch your concrete which was the real stinky part. Use rubber boots and safety glasses. I didnt use a mask or gloves but i guess ill recommend that :)

And a day to apply it. It goes on like paint, real easy. Most garage floor kits come with etch and epoxy. You just need tools like a stiff brush mop and bucket. Keep that etch away from any type of metal. Support beams ect.

Take a 2' x 2' peace of paper and tape it to the floor for 24 hours. Tape all sides so its sealed. If you have moisture when you remove it the floor needs to dry more before you epoxy it

Imo the plastic walls are over kill I used Sherwin Williams emerald paint in semi gloss and it wipes clean very easy. Unless your planning on spraying the walls with a hose its over kill

I put FRP on the walls by my sump and have sprayed them a few times, heh. They had the panels in stock at Lowes about a year ago. About 35 each 4x8 I think.