Basement Sump / Set up

Scubaguy

Hey everyone, Happy New Year!!!

Im new to the site so forgive me if this question has been asked. I am in the process of setting up my tank. 

I purchased a 96" x 24" x 24" 280 gallon tank ( not delivered yet ) Im prepping my basement for this build. Painted walls and have the area ready to go. Custom stand going to be built soon. RO/DI system ordered today.. 

My question is this.. I have a Sump and injector pump in my basement. Where do you dump your used Saltwater during water changes?? has anyone had any issues pumping the used saltwater into the injector area?? If i dump into the sump the water spits out on the side of the house and it will kill the grass?? 

Thoughts? comments?? 

Thanks Richie

First, welcome! Second,It will kill the grass if you pump saltwater on it.

I drain mine into the toilet or bathtub, sometimes the kitchen sink. I'm also in a condo, so the options are limited in my case.

I dump mine into the utility sink in the basement or into the drain in the floor.

Does it go into the main drain then? or into an injector system to get up and then out?

Mine actually goes into my septic system from our sewer line. I had worries about it at first, but have read enough articles that say the percentage of salt is not a problem. Laundry detergent and most cleaners have salt in them.

I've dumped thousands and thousands of gallons into my ejector pump and into the septic tank and have never had a problem.  Just had the septic pumped last summer and they said the system looked fine.  I did recently re-route my old saltwater to get pumped out under my deck.  

Mine actually goes into my septic system from our sewer line. I had worries about it at first, but have read enough articles that say the percentage of salt is not a problem. Laundry detergent and most cleaners have salt in them.

Thank you!

I've dumped thousands and thousands of gallons into my ejector pump and into the septic tank and have never had a problem.  Just had the septic pumped last summer and they said the system looked fine.  I did recently re-route my old saltwater to get pumped out under my deck.  

Thanks! This is what I needed to hear. As i planned out the setup.. I didnt take into account of where i would dump the used saltwater. Appreciate it..

I throw mine off my back porch onto the grass lol, it's definitely looked better but I have 8ft wide french doors a couple of feet away from my DT and my wife gets mad when I splash water through the house.

no doubt that it's not good for grass, you can tell where I have been dumping it (not as green, a little thinner), but after 2 years of bi-weekly water changes 20-30gal it's still alive

leave cleanout cap slightly loose. Just make sue its sealed so sewer gases don't come up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by gmerek2

Temporary solution for dumping saltwater into the drain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

do you do your WC's downstairs or in the kitchen area where the DT is?

In the basement. I couldn't get the clean out cap off. It was right next to the tank would have been convenient. but I moved to spring ridge and have the entire setup in the basement. The sump will be moved near the slop sink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the basement. I couldn't get the clean out cap off. It was right next to the tank would have been convenient. but I moved to spring ridge and have the entire setup in the basement. The sump will be moved near the slop sink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot you moved, lucky I didnt try and swing by your place this week to pick up the birdsnest