Replacing my aquaC ev180

John Ford

So im considering an Avast Cs1 for my birthday. The sump area i have is 10x11" with a 9" water depth. I dont know much about the PSK pumps and I dont want to spend more than 300 bucks.

Any Pros/Cons to the Cs1 other than they are a sponsor..

Anything about the PSK I should know?

any other recommended skimmers?

I do have a mag 9.5 on my current skimmer that "overdrives" it. I dont mind what I have but the collection cup needs replaced due to cracking and sometimes it looses its foam head for a few days which Injection Skimmers tend to do so if im going to spend money maybe I need to just replace it is where im at...

Any Thoughts?

I looked at the RO INT 200 but i think the dimentions are just out of reach for my sump size. Although at an angle it may fit but im not sure..

From what i have read the space savers are not as efficient as the regular Reef Octopus. Maybe ill look at a few more models.

I loved the cs1. They are all recirculating now (I think) so there is that. Psk-1000's are bulletproof, love them also.

Yes they are recirculating now. I was wondering how quiet the CS1 was as well. The mag 9.5 makes some noise for sure..

I loved the cs1. They are all recirculating now (I think) so there is that. Psk-1000's are bulletproof, love them also.

I have 2 very nice reef octopus skimmers for sale. Pm me if interested

I have 2 very nice reef octopus skimmers for sale. Pm me if interested

I saw your INT 200 for sale and I dont think Itll fit in my sump. My dimentions are 10"x11" and that RO says it has a 14.6x10.5. What other model do you have so I can look it up before I send you a PM

So Im leaning towards a Bubble Magus Curve 7... Anyone have any objections? Or reasons I shouldnt?

I dont know much about the Rock sp2000 pump so im looking into that now

Edited by John Ford

I have not heard to many bad things about the Bubble Magus Curve skimmers, most people I have talked to consider them on par with the RO skimmers.