Help ! Durso pipe is making loud gargling noise .

Tommy

Hey guys ..i just finished setting up my 80g cube and the overflow area where the durso pipe located is making loud gargling blubling noises ..is this normal ? and if so is there anything I can do to make it less noisy ?  Thanks 

(edited)

Yes i do have a little hole on top of the cap  , Im trying to post a video on tapatalk but its not allowing me 

Edited by Tommy

Ok I drilled the hole on the cap a little bigger and it's still making the noise , maybe just a tad quieter , looking for some airline tubing now to try the other method . Also I made a cover for my overflow and I find that with the cover on its a lot louder than when it's not .

post-2635054-141323131474_thumb.jpg

The hole probably ends to be bigger, take the cap off and I bet the gurgling will stop. You need to find the right amount of air vs water.

Drill another smaller hole and see how it goes. You'll find that sweet spot and you don't need a hose. Unless we're talking about Super Models and sweet spots. Then maybe we will need a hose

I hate it when pipes die. 

I still have two dragon's, 2 bluestripes and one multi banded.  I just love pipes,

2014-10-12084741_zpscd906042.jpg

Man... that one nice Paul ...too bad i dont have enough pods in my tank and im trying to get it  to eat cyclopeeze 

In the past, I've kept drilling until the sound started getting a little louder then covered the hole with tape.