Water alarm! Must have in this hobby.

gmerek2

Wish I would have known about these when my RODI water overflowed a few months ago. Just making sure evryone has a few. I think I'm going to buy at least 6 because I can't predict the path the water will take. https://www.google.com/search?q=water+alarm+lowes&biw=568&bih=320&source=univ&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=8_geVMkMxbPIBMT1gtAF&ved=0CCwQ1TU#spd=18432827677808818914

I just set my phone and the alarm goes off. Go check. Save the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do I. Let me count the number of times I have forgotten to set my phone....

(A lot, that's the answer.)

Yup. We got one and put it by our basement sump pump...after it flooded last year. And then another to put in our laundry room...after our washer flooded this year. Funny that I am waiting for the tank flood before I put the alarm there.

I just set my phone and the alarm goes off. Go check. Save the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree this works for me most of the time. unless I forget to set it or phone is inaudible. However almost everyone on this website could possibly have a sump overflow, a tank malfunction or a return line blow. This will be a piece of mind for me. It will also double as water alarm for over flow on sump pump and furnace pump failure.

These are a good Idea.  Of course I buit mine from GFCIs that turn off my pumps in the event of a leak but if you can't do that, these alarms look great.

I make my wife sleep under the tank, and if there is a leak I can hear her scream.