Need a professional....

zygote2k

We have a tank in a shower that is separated from the shower by a pane of glass. The client would like to remove the pane of glass to facilitate easier cleaning. The glass had been glued to a huge granite wall from behind. The glass is 2" away from the face of the tank and there's no easy way to gain access to the backside.

If someone would like to remove it without breaking the granite, the client will pay $$$ to have it done. If you can install trim to fill the 2" gap, then even more money can be yours.

If interested, please PM me.

Why not just lay tint on the glass and then shatter it with a center punch and pull away the broken glass? I can't imagine any other way that you would get the glass out. Once the broken glass is out, the remainder and glue can be scraped. The tint will hold the bulk of it together so it does not fall in to the display tank glass and scratch it.

I like the tint idea. Or lots of duct tape. If the client really want the glass removed - as in disposed of, then breaking it sounds like it's acceptable. Too bad you don't have a picture to post, Rob. It would be interesting to see this setup.

Use duct tape and a spring loaded window punch for a car.  The tape will stop it from hitting the tank and keep the glass where it is.  The punch will also make it so you dont have to swing into it.  Place against glass and push button

That's a pretty cool idea for a tank.

you should see the house- ther's a sectioned 727 upstairs behind a vault door that is being used as a home movie theater. there's a room with 6" deep shag carpeting. this house is cool.