Lyretail anthias turning male!

dante411x

It's been long in the making, but finally the colors are starting to change! I figure I'll use this thread to put up some photos and see how long the complete transformation takes. And show Ken what they look like :)

FYI, I've had the 3 for a few months and it's been that long that the top fin of this guy has been growing.

It's hard to take photos, he's way too quick. These are just screenshots of slow motion video on iPhone.

All 3 together:

9eaac168d79d3b555f996d2c3dfb2c91.jpg

Can see the spots on the fins start to develop:

0e20374b6609201644882e38c195205c.jpg

It's been long in the making, but finally the colors are starting to change! I figure I'll use this thread to put up some photos and see how long the complete transformation takes. And show Ken what they look like :):

Those are my fish! :mad:   Now one has to go through a sex change instead of living in a nice school with my male!   I hope you are happy!  JK

Very cool, look forward to seeing how she/he turns out. Post pics every month if you can.

While I keep look for more females :tongue:

Seems that I've figured out how to take better pics with my point and shoot camera. And now I get your problems Ken. It's a pain to actually get photos off the camera, upload them, link to them.... So much harder than cell phone pics. But the pics should be much better....

Anyhow. Here they are:

GxchBw.jpg

upEXue.jpg

9ZsPZs.jpg

l5YnsU.jpg

BEBZWP.jpg

PyAWTS.jpg

And this guy kept on sneaking in to most photos I was taking, so here's one of the photo bomber...

LSrj6s.jpg

"Seems that I've figured out how to take better pics with my point and shoot camera. And now I get your problems Ken. It's a pain to actually get photos off the camera, upload them, link to them.... So much harder than cell phone pics. But the pics should be much better...."

Andrei- Pics are a lot better!....see it is worth the hassle to post clearer pics for everyone to enjoy!

Once my wife gets them off the camera into the gallery section, which now goes ALOT faster with our new computer, I can copy the link and post it in my thread without looking at the directions!....I am so proud of myself. :tongue:

I look at my build thread as my own build diary, so I would like to make sure my pictures are nice.

It's hard to see the color difference between him and the females. This kinda shows it, they're pretty close together and under same light (duh lol)

cbdb97264c58b1f505414627c35db1dd.jpg

And this is just kinda cool looking I think b9471462b10352abcb355c47e5be9b29.jpg

Great pics! Starting to look a lot like male! The coloring looks like it is starting to get redder, and the fins are growing. Is he starting to chase the female around? My male does it all the time.

Great pics! Starting to look a lot like male! The coloring looks like it is starting to get redder, and the fins are growing. Is he starting to chase the female around? My male does it all the time.

Yeah lol. He chases both of them around everywhere :) has been for a while now.

Oh and to answer your question from a previous thread Ken...

ff987a37aa934b8c86063d1b17f678c3.jpg

No problem, I am old enough that the rivalry doesn't bug me. In fact my 13yr old might be heading that direction based on how he argues like a lawyer :laugh:

Wouldn't bug me, both great schools.

Hahaha I don't think I'm old enough for it not to bother me :)

But it's all good. I'm still looking forward to your tank finally coming together no matter what!

Hahaha I don't think I'm old enough for it not to bother me :)

But it's all good. I'm still looking forward to your tank finally coming together no matter what!

I can't wait either!

Don't worry , you will grow up one day Andrei! :tongue: