Brad's Rimless. MAME. NanoBox. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

You asked for our honest opinion.....it is blurry

How is it blurry? I quickly took a picture of a pole, and it sharp as a tack....

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it blurry? I quickly took a picture of a pole, and it sharp as a tack....

Oh, I thought it was a picture of a tack....just close up. :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

you can do better than that. What's next?

eh. I was just gonna throw a bunch of sticks on that rock. Have LPS over on the right.

And a lot of fish.

Edited by brad908

nice.  you only going to keep the one rock in there?  also, what are your plans for flow?

Gonna make a little euphyllia island on the right.

Will have two mp10's on this tank. They're both still being used by the 18" cube.

Need to do something with the light too, really bothering me with the power cord off to the right. It was free so I can't really complain, but hurts to look at.

Edited by brad908

Looks nice man! I like the wood with the metal mounting for the light (cop out though!) Possible to run the light through the wood and then out the bottom? Would look funky regardless IMO.

Looks nice man! I like the wood with the metal mounting for the light (cop out though!) Possible to run the light through the wood and then out the bottom? Would look funky regardless IMO.

I have 4 holes in my ceiling haha. Unfortunately some random metal plate in the ceiling was blocking the light from being centered. I wanted to run the light thru the wall but on the NanoBox you can't disconnect the light cord from the power supply and I can't pull off boards right now to give room for the power supply.

I have 4 holes in my ceiling haha. Unfortunately some random metal plate in the ceiling was blocking the light from being centered. I wanted to run the light thru the wall but on the NanoBox you can't disconnect the light cord from the power supply and I can't pull off boards right now to give room for the power supply.

Do you have an HVAC? Or neighbors above who do? That's probably what it is, but what do I know? Looks like you found your only downside to NB ;)

Do you have an HVAC? Or neighbors above who do? That's probably what it is, but what do I know? Looks like you found your only downside to NB ;)

Nope. no heating/ac in the bay area. Heating is just done by some baseboard heaters.

Downsides of NB:

Can't disconnect light from power supply

Have to carefully follow Dave's instructions on the 2 power plugs. You can blow it out if you switch up the power cords. Think it is 12v for the fan and 48v for the light

Cut the hole in the wall with a hole saw, and put the cord through with a rubber grommet from an auto store.  Just cut the power supply, and rewire it below.  Only 3 wires right?

I assume so. It has that grey cover on it, so not sure what the wires look like.

Cut the hole in the wall with a hole saw, and put the cord through with a rubber grommet from an auto store. Just cut the power supply, and rewire it below. Only 3 wires right?

This.

Great idea. This is how I pulled a power outlet into my coat closet.

I like that overflow now that I am able to see it on the tank.  What do you have going on down below in the sump?

Will take pics tonight of it. Just ordered 12 mangroves for it.

Gonna make a little euphyllia island on the right.

Will have two mp10's on this tank. They're both still being used by the 18" cube.

Need to do something with the light too, really bothering me with the power cord off to the right. It was free so I can't really complain, but hurts to look at.

Stick the cord in a pipe. Maybe one that matches that flange on the wall. Might look kinda industrial which goes with your look. Put another flange on the wall (or two for support), then run a series of T's and bent pipes so the cord can come out near the back of the stand but you could also have a leg that hides a MP10 cord. Kind of a funky industrial sculpture.

I received a canon 40mm 2.8 pancake lens today, pretty awesome cheap tiny lens. Not even sure if it is an inch long. Just some quick snap shots, can't wait to really test it out.

IMG_9165_zpsace17c7b.jpg

IMG_9168_zpsf407eca7.jpg

IMG_9169_zps2ad84a9a.jpg

Current state of the living room

IMG_9176_zps80b654f1.jpg

Where did you get those living ornaments from? I ♡