building 380 gallon tank

Seahorseconservancy

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

watching the show, im going to cut a hundred gallon tank in half so its a tray tank to temporary hold those babies then start another 8 foot tank divided into 6 spaces for all ages as they must be 2 inches to go in the holding tank lets do it on blender a 3d program first as this is more complicated then the first tank, its a fun program and free

watching the show, im going to cut a hundred gallon tank in half so its a tray tank to temporary hold those babies then start another 8 foot tank divided into 6 spaces for all ages as they must be 2 inches to go in the holding tank lets do it on blender a 3d program first as this is more complicated then the first tank, its a fun program and free

Time to build some globe shaped tanks!

I never knew that seahorses make a clicking sound when they eat. Can you actually hear it or was that just the mic in the water they were using?

As far as the water goes, just be patient, i migrated from 55 gal to 155 gal with all the same sand and lr and it took the sand a two weeks before it settled down. Had to keep a temp 55 for corals and fish until it settled. Things r great now.

the baby tank is added, it shuts off 4 times a day for an hour for feeding, the horses on the surface eating, then when the pump is on a clockwise current keeps them off the surface. the surface is bad. the water  clean so  if they get food none die. the milk white water ? i did not wash the sand any ideas, the pirate ship needs flags, the sump is a mess i wont show you 13 old pumps i will order one big pump monday

I figure the pirate ship would look cool with all the seahorses hanging out on the rigging. I assume that is part of the reasoning for the pirate ship.

I figure the pirate ship would look cool with all the seahorses hanging out on the rigging. I assume that is part of the reasoning for the pirate ship.

That and it's BA! Pirate Seahorses!

the skimmers are starting to work,  stuff is growing on the sand, I never raised more then 30 seahorses at a time, when i made 300 then when they were 2" I put them in the bay, now I'm going for 1000, i can make another big tank but what about filtration? Its all about filtration, a tumbler? this is the video of everything I have done so far, thumbnail anyway how do I post it? control v

seahorses love plastic chains and floats= mines and uboat. hey need filtration help, please dont say live rock and macro, thats not going to help im talking 1000 fish ,   

Walt love the video!

I had to crack up with the opening pic of the seahorse in the rigging!  That is how I thought it would be used! 

Edited by DuffyGeos

Great video, but Walt has made a bunch of other videos that are even higher quality.  Walt, can you post a couple other videos?  I remember one male seahorse popping out babies to music that was well done.

baby tank, 60 fish on  each side of divider

Walt I need a little more explanation then that.....come on, some details!

What are the round things?

Where is this tank, never seen it before?

Why 60 on each side? does 61 start mayhem and anarchy?

What beer are you drinking tonight?

In regards to a filter for a bigger tank, have you considered a sand filter?  Many public aquariums still use them for their fish only tanks.  Lots of filtration in a small space.

fish room

back Of baby tank

This is the fish room and the back of baby tank, i cut a 90 gallon in half last week, glued top back on, added divider, 6" hole and cut out ring, glued net to it then glued over hole, have the big bio pellet from avast, maybe i need another one, they replace sand filters? now i need to grow out brine shrimp, thats never easy , anyone done it out there? I use dark green water and lots of air, tomato juice and spirilina have never worked for me , just placed order with florida aqua farms

Ok Walt...your fish room looks strangely like a bar? :cheers: Do you have fish room Happy Hour :drink:

I like the wide angle shot. It shows the bigger picture, and what a great set up and space you have to work with. I remember seeing the pics of you cutting the tank. Just not with the dividers and the holes in the dividers.

Here is one.

look under DIY or Propagation & Breeding. Type in Brine Shrimp in the upper right hand corner under Search and different thread will come up.

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/67821-auto-brine-shrimp-hatchery-and-feeder/?hl=%2Bbrine+%2Bshrimp

thanks this is the bar tonight

Looks like you have a good source of food for the brine shrimp.

this video shows the whole breeding operation, seahorses or any other fish, not ducks, skimmers working great , biopellets? ill get a few more reactors from avast if i dont see the green water clear up in a few weeks, its not a bad thing just gets in tank every feeding 

Walt,

What kind of conditions do I need to keep/breed seahorses? I have about 3' of space underneath my new build that I could potential start playing around with, I'd love to help out with your project if I get some time, and it's something that seems feesable. How long do you think till you get your 501c status?

great idea, erectus are hard to kill, they are in the patomic, my friend jackie i met when i sold her a pair, they had babies and now she has 19 - 6 weeks old allmost all yellow, the parents were fair, brittney and phil from reef escape i sold them 30 britney raised the babies and has 9 about 3 months old and now they are friends, and a friend of monkie boy gave him stuff to get started, nonprofit takes 280 days so spring we should get it but thats when to plant sea grass grow oyster spat, you will enjoy it, oh yea my clown trigger murdered my emporer angel but who cares he is so fun we call him frank the tank, sorry about spelling its late,  oh they dont like hot water especialy if overcrowded so i keep tanks at 72 degrees with a chiller but they can stant 80 and the ladies dont have chillers, id love to have a coldwater tank with seadragons but only a nonprofit could do that