LOL @ ecotech marine

dante411x

I just always find this hilarious:

ty8e8aju.jpg

Note the prominent "23 pcs" on the top. 23 piece tool set.

Open the set:

unusupuz.jpg

There's tweezers - 1 piece

Scissors - 1 piece

Forceps - 1 piece

Clamps - 1 piece

Coral glue - 1 piece

Frag plugs - 18 pieces

Total of 23 pieces. Out of these, 4 are permanent :)

Note that this costs $100

Also note that it's on sale now and actually worth getting. All that making fun of it... German steel medical tools are not cheap.

You are so lucky to own that sticker! And the Miguel forceps are bad to the bone! I would stare at em all night until I got to use em!

You are so lucky to own that sticker! And the Miguel forceps are bad to the bone! I would stare at em all night until I got to use em!

That's exactly what I'm doing! I've contemplated fragging every coral in my tank tonight...!vedeqe6e.jpg

I fragging want that black lager! You are going to look like a fragging bad butt with those sunglasses on, sporting the sticker, with forceps in one hand and clippers in the other.

I fragging want that black lager! You are going to look like a fragging bad butt with those sunglasses on, sporting the sticker, with forceps in one hand and clippers in the other.

Chive On!

And that black lager is the main reason I'm highly unqualified to operate bone cutters tonight!

25pcs if you count the box :)

Yeah! That's 23 pieces in the box, plus the box! Plus sticker. Plus instruction guide. Plus a paper cover for half the box. Plus the plastic that the whole thing is wrapped in... Seriously. It's more like a 30 piece set.

Yeah! That's 23 pieces in the box, plus the box! Plus sticker. Plus instruction guide. Plus a paper cover for half the box. Plus the plastic that the whole thing is wrapped in... Seriously. It's more like a 30 piece set.

LMFAO. 

I saw the sale and thought whether or not some high quality German bone cutters would be worthwhile and not rust.  I have regular old Pakistani bone cutters that I got around 1998 which are pitted and rusted pretty badly.  But they still work as perfectly as the day I got them, except when I have to open & close them a few times underwater to free up the rusty joint.  I think after 16 years of use, I may just stick with them.  I'd be afraid to use something like the ecotech kit, at least until the first few rust spots appeared.

I ve also wondered about this since their on sale for 50% off.  Is the price worth it.  

Chive on!

For 50% off? Yes. Each of the 4 tools is worth about $15-20 separately online. Of course you can get the throw away surgical tools for next to nothing, but keep in mind that those are designed to be used once.

Frag plugs and glue... Well. I don't have eggcrate frag racks, so I'm not as excited about those. But they look pretty nice for those who do. Glue is glue. It's a big bottle. Probably $5+ in store for that much glue.

And the box is actually nice. The best part about it is that I can leave the tools out (in the box of course) and since the box is so well made, I can leave it out and not get yelled at for leaving fish stuff everywhere.

I love the box.  The cutters are important.  I prefer the rock frag plugs thought.  Look better when it actually goes into your DT.  My wife would still yell at me for leaving it out....... She is the key to my fish tank happiness.... she can tell me No more and set a time limit.  I am currently on a time limit now before I can buy again. 

The price is pretty good on these. I been looking around for a good set and jumped on these right away. Wish they have the reef link on sale without it being an add on. Anyone getting a pump or lights and already have a reeflink. Please let me know. I have a few frags on the rack to let you choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk