Clownfish hiding or dead

Kevnjeep

Hey guys I'm just wondering if anyone has had a clownfish hide for a long time? Last night at midnight I saw him like normal but today I can't find him anywhere I've searched around the outside of the tank in case he jumped and really don't think he is dead cause I can see 90% of my sand due to caves and don't see him laying anywhere. I only have one so he isn't at least don't think it's possible for him to be laying eggs any input?

Well if you are 100% certain he couldn't get in the off limit areas then maybe he is hiding? I would look though just in case you never know.

I have a canopy and a cover on my tank and didn't think mine could get in the overflow but there he was

How big is he? Do you have any recirculating pumps? If so, open them up to see if he got sucked in.

I glued custom plexi glass over the overflow.

I have an mp40 looked in it but nothing.

I guess he's hiding hopefully. Hopefully when I get home he will be there

Could be both, dead and hiding. 

I've seen it happen - they're tucked away and some rocks shift, pinning them. Hopefully that's not the case here.

Another possibility is that the clown died and your cleanup crew got rid of the body. You'd be surprised at how quickly a small fish can disappear.

I guess it gives me a good excuse to buy a black tang since I need a new fish :)

You might need a larger tank, too, for that tang. There's always a reason to upgrade....