Carolline algae storm

gmerek2

I was scraping away going to town on my glass not paying attention. Now the water is a pink tint to it. 9ypaja4y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to test my calcium later I bet it shot up. Hope everything will be ok. That was dumber than when I knocked the whole bottle of aptasia x in the water

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It should clear up in 1 hour or two. You should see mine, i get sand storm in my all the time. My fish like to stir up the sand.

Btw, nice rock work!

What lighting are you running?

Reefbright 72" LEDs and a cheap eBay one. I don't like either but they are good enough till I move into a new house and upgrade

That pink cloud will propagate your coralline big time.

lol yea but its already become a big enough nuisance. I dont know if it is a coincidence or not but my calcium did go up off the charts after the incident.

lol yea but its already become a big enough nuisance. I dont know if it is a coincidence or not but my calcium did go up off the charts after the incident.

If you didn't filter the water first to remove any coralline particles that may have been floating around, the test would pick up the extra calcium. That's not, however, available in the dissolved and ionized form that would be used by your corals, though.

If you didn't filter the water first to remove any coralline particles that may have been floating around, the test would pick up the extra calcium. That's not, however, available in the dissolved and ionized form that would be used by your corals, though.

does this mean that the coralline particles were temporarily suspended then settled? Never dissolved.