Dave's 150 cube build

(edited)

So I never did a build thread when I started my 125 back in 2012... Figured I might as well make this thread ahead of time for my 150 while everything is being hashed out.  Tank is being ordered this week through ERC and stand/tank will be delivered in the next few weeks.

-----Tank-----

Marineland/Perfecto 150 gallon Starphire Cube (36" X 36" X 27")

Drilled corner overflow

-----Stand-----

DIY stand

-----Sump-----

Aqueon Proflex Model 4

-----Filtration-----

Avast CS1 Skimmer with Swabbie

Hydra Aquatics FR-45 Biopellet Reactor piped to CS1    (Nitrates haven't risen above 5, so haven't plugged it in line)

Reef Octopus 4" waste collector

-----Controller-----

Neptune Apex full with WXM, AFS, AWM, lab grade pH probe, temp probe, ORP probe, breakout box, 2 - EB8's

-----Flow-----

3 X Vortech MP40w ES  (1 on left and right, and 1 on back)

Quiet One 3000 Return Pump

-----Lighting-----

2 X AquaIllumination Hydras controlled via Apex AWM  (Have 3rd ready but need to change mounting rail to accommodate it)

-----ATO-----

Tsunami AT1 ATO (thinking about upgrading to the Tunze Osmolator as this one has failed on me 2x before... thoughts?)

Tunze Osmolator 3155

-----Dosing-----

Bubble Magus BM T01 Dosing Pump

3 X Bubble Magus 1.5l dosing container

BRS dosing chemicals (Alk, Mag, Calc)

Brightwell Aquatics Microbacter7

Brightwell Aquatics Reef Biofuel

I will update more as I have info :laugh:

Edited by Arkonen

Looking forward to some pics! Thanks for starting a build!

Did a mockup of the stand design.  Went and got the lumber this evening.... Should hopefully be able to put it together tomorrow/Wednesday weather permitting.

TDdrY8y.png

Sweet now get to cutting some wood gonna be nice

Setting up for a very cool tank. One question- Unless I am missing something, like where your dim. lines on your drawing are actually terminating, you have a 36x36 tank, why is the stand not square? Looks like it will be 39x42? I understand the extra all around, but why not 39x39 or 42x42?

Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Setting up for a very cool tank. One question- Unless I am missing something, like where your dim. lines on your drawing are actually terminating, you have a 36x36 tank, why is the stand not square? Looks like it will be 39x42? I understand the extra all around, but why not 39x39 or 42x42?

Looking forward to seeing it come together.

You are right on the dimensions 39" x 42".  I wanted it to be slightly wider for the space it was going into (couldn't stick out too far in the front but could go wider), and to accommodate my sump dimensions. I had to modify the design a bit to include an extra vertical stabilizing 2x4 on each leg to prevent rotational force.

How about some pics?!

Lol definitely will need to post some soon.  I got the stand built/painted and in the house and the tank arrived Saturday.  Richard from ERC delivered the beast to me and helped carry it in.  Got to meet his pup Samson (I think that was his name) who is a sweetheart.  Tank is on the stand and has water in it... Need to finish the wiring as it looks like an electric octopus on my floor right now.  I have some additional rock arriving on the 15th from Marco Rocks including some shelf pieces and a column piece.  Once that arrives and things are in place I will post some stuff :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

How is this going? Never got those pictures!

• 1 month later...

How is this going? Never got those pictures!

+1 I have the same build going on need some idea !!! Update

I totally forgot I had this thread going... Definitely will get on those pics soon.  Should have them up this weekend at the latest.

Is this gonna be a walk around tank or in the corner of a room?

Tank is nestled next to a half-wall so it is viewable on 3 sides, but walkable on 2.  All the side panels on the stand are velcro-ed on, so they are easily removable.

Wow.....July 24th was a long weekend.

Pics?

Here you are Duff. This should help until he gets off his Butt  :laugh:  :clap:  :laugh:

qypuha9u.jpg

yqajapep.jpgryde9ede.jpg

uma9egas.jpg

Inspiration Dave  :wub:

Edited by DCReefer1964

Wow. I am lost for words

Surpassed most likely

So. And Dave, I'm not trying to hijack your thread here. Just asking questions that hopefully will be relevant to you. Is this a tank that you could keep a blue tang in? As well as a yellow and sailfin. My main concern with going to the 150 cube is that I'd have to get rid of my girlfriends goddarn dory. It's the only thing keeping my tank going so far, so not an option. And I'd much rather do this tank than have a 200 dd built.