Moving to DC, Hi everyone!

I just accepted a job in crystal city and my girlfriend and I are getting ready to move to the area in little over a month from Southeastern Connecticut (going to be the first time living in the DC area).  I have a 120 gallon mixed reef that has been up and running for about a year that I am starting to shutdown for the move.  But every ending has a new beginning right?...Time to rebuild!

-Mike

Welcome aboard! I live in Arlington, and work right past crystal city. Congrats on the upcoming big move, and let me know if you need any help!

Welcome, Mike. Good luck with the upcoming move. Hopefully things will be settled enough for you to make one of our upcoming meetings soon.

Sent from my LG G-Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition

Welcome aboard Mike!  

I lived in CT for a few years and I will tell you that you will LOVE wamas....we are a very very active club and have an outstanding membership....when you get here let us know if you need any help setting up and settling in.   The best thing you will do in your move is to join our club. It is $20 for an individual membership and it will gain you access to not only all our meetings (with fabulous speakers and raffles and vendors etc) but also will enable you to participate in all of our members only areas (this is where the good stuff is....live stock, equipment ( fs/wtb), vendor discounts etc.  It will pay for itself immediately. 

This is a tight group that is there to help 24/7 (literally...these people don't seem to ever sleep!) and there is an amazingly large percentage of our membership right in the area you are moving. 

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

I just accepted a job in crystal city and my girlfriend and I are getting ready to move to the area in little over a month from Southeastern Connecticut (going to be the first time living in the DC area).  I have a 120 gallon mixed reef that has been up and running for about a year that I am starting to shutdown for the move.  But every ending has a new beginning right?...Time to rebuild!

-Mike

DC is wonderful Mike!  I just moved here from Miami a few months ago (ok, yes, snow sucks but you should be used to it).  There's so much to do!  Welcome to the area. 

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to WAMAS and welcome to traffic, you will soon understand the Allstate commercial where they say NOVA has the worst average commute times in the nation.  On the bright side there are a few LFS that will be along your route.

(edited)

Good thing I took some pictures! I'll have to upload my pictures of the whole tank, but here is a picture of my favorite coral that I had to get rid of for the move.

My Acanthophyllia deshayesiana, or donut coral (about 5" diameter when I sold it), man I miss it already

How do I post pictures? haha

Edited by msl5078

Welcome to WAMAS and welcome to traffic, you will soon understand the Allstate commercial where they say NOVA has the worst average commute times in the nation. On the bright side there are a few LFS that will be along your route.

No more crystal city, huh? Get ready for this! ^

lol...manassas to crystal city..not bad..lol

atleast hes not going into dc...so gets to knock off 15 minutes...

so just an fyi...mapquest the route...then mulitply by 3 for the before and after hard rush hour times...and by 5 if during the core ruch hour,lol

I've already given up on trying to drive lol, when we were apartment shopping we hit 95 during rush hour on a Friday and it was insane. So it's going to be VRE for me, our apartment is 2 blocks from the station.

Good thing you are two blocks from the station, I used to live in that neighborhood.  You'll need to walk to the station, because the parking lots fill up quickly and Manassas balances its budget by issuing parking violations to VRE commuters.  Seriously, I remember 20 years ago when they projected $75,000 a year of tickets to balance the budget.  

You will like WAMAS a lot, there is a wealth of information here.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome! And congrats on the job!

I too just accepted a job at crystal city! Maybe we can carpool :D