Tricia's 90 gallon Build

I read up on them on marinedepot. There are people that swear by them. But I need to get those other 4 up. ...f37153af552f5e1a28fc7333139c8101.jpg The 4th bulb is just like the other one on the end. Just couldn't get it in the picture.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read up on them on marinedepot. There are people that swear by them. But I need to get those other 4 up. ...f37153af552f5e1a28fc7333139c8101.jpg The 4th bulb is just like the other one on the end. Just couldn't get it in the picture.

Once I get the other 4 up, I'll have 8 in total. 6 of the end lights and the two middle ones.

As Isaac said- what are your parameters? ALK? CA?,  Mag? Did you get the Par Meter yet? How much light is that par 38 throwing out?

Well?

• 2 weeks later...

Montipora Stocking List for my records....

Montis I have:

1. Undata (bbyatv)
  2. Red Cap (FFE, Smithsonian)
  3. Green Cap (Jason Rhoads)
  4. Starburst (epleeds)
  5. Jedi Mind Trick (epleeds)
  6. WWC Green/Red Monti (Mr. Chalice)
  7. Spongodes (Chuck Tran & FFE)
  8. Stellata (AlanM)
  9. Mystic (Fishie)
  10. Reverse Sunset (Isaac)
  11. Idaho Grape (AlanM)
  12. Unidentified Yellow w/ pink polyps (FFE)
  13. Unidentified Purplish pink w/ blue polyps (FFE)

Montis I'm Getting From Other Members

1. Hulk (Scott)
  2. Pokerstar (Cliff Pugs)
  3. Rainbow (Miggs)
  4. Unnamed Purple (Scott)
  5. Sentosa (Jason Rhoads)

Montis WANT list:

1. Setting sun

2. Aquaman

3. Appleberry

4. Blue Flower

5. Blue Summit

6. Slow Burn

7. Beach Bum (I'll snag a tiny frag from Ken when he finally breaks down :tongue: )

8. Speed Bomb

9. Fire Polyp Undata

10. Sunny Delight

11. Pink Cadillac

If you're reading this and have one on my WANT list, let me know. 

Edited by truetricia2

You are not asking for much.....

Do you plan on sticking them to your front glass to fit all of them in that 90?

You are not asking for much.....

Do you plan on sticking them to your front glass to fit all of them in that 90?

+1

Also, montis will suck up calc and alk, get ready to dose.

So by my quick calculations (as I sit waiting for my oil to get changed) if each monti on that list ONLY grew out to 6"*6" you would take up 14.5 sq. Ft. So when are you getting that 72" * 30" * 24" 225 g tank?

Of course you can always let me take care of some of them. I will have 35sq. Ft of surface area with my main tank and frag tanks.

+1

Also, montis will suck up calc and alk, get ready to dose.

So by my quick calculations (as I sit waiting for my oil to get changed) if each monti on that list ONLY grew out to 6"*6" you would take up 14.5 sq. Ft. So when are you getting that 72" * 30" * 24" 225 g tank?

Dream tank boys. Dream tank.  The wants are my pie in the sky, if I could have everything list.  Because that Beach Bum is so a likely next week purchase, lol.  Besides, keeping them nice and trimmed will just mean lots of frags for SWAP or sale. 

And Ken, I can't even imagine doing those calculations in my head....

Don't put any caps in your tank.  Maybe just the starburst cap, but none of the others.  Also, your list is missing my #1 favorite monti, which is setosa.

LOL.  Care to elaborate on the no caps?  And that one that died in your tank should be on my list too!  Pizzaguy montipora. 

Thanks for the reminder!  I do have one I may be picking up from Jason!  Added to the list.

Edited by truetricia2

Of course you can always let me take care of some of them. I will have 35sq. Ft of surface area with my main tank and frag tanks.

Oh, and I'm planning on gluing the spongodes and stellata to the back wall of the aquarium.  I think it was Chuck's tank that I saw the spongodes growing all over the back wall.  It looked amazing.  So that's some more surface area...

1. Beach Bum (I'll snag a tiny frag from Ken when he finally breaks down :tongue: ) HaHaHaHaHaHa !!!!!!

Yea that will just get thrown around if it ever appears, maybe I will just put it on SWAP. :clap:

Here are my two bta. I found them on my rocks a few months ago. I think they're stragglers from FFE. They've both grown so much!

The small one. It's just above and to the right of the sponge.

713dcf483129b44640325ce59357552a.jpg

The quarter sized one. 5b22daa04c967d0ac6076d928cc178c7.jpg

And now I have baby snails!

57d12890aca4e869b24beda75d196c67.jpg

Edited by truetricia2

Here's shots I just took. You can see the green tips. 0283fae62e44fe9ada32824d2f78c51d.jpga1307bf27287a463e565f9007785044a.jpg

Well that's pretty cool, what does the oral disk look like?

Well that's pretty cool, what does the oral disk look like?

The big one I can see from up top. The other small one started off clear and then colored up. I thought it was a torch at first until the color came in. Both are bright pink on the oral disk. I've fed the big one brine, lrs, and pellets a few times. It moved around a lot when I first noticed it but has stayed in the same place for about 5 weeks now.