Getting ready to start "juicing" the tank, dosing conundrum

YHSublime

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOUD NOISES!

7dkh is NSW. Whichever number you choose, I think it's more important to keep the number stable.

8 is what all the cool kids run their tanks at.

I wanna' be coooooooool

LOUD NOISES!

lol

7dkh is NSW. Whichever number you choose, I think it's more important to keep the number stable.

Right, so that's my reasoning, right? I've been running at around 7, why not keep it there?

NO THEY ARE NOT!  :laugh:  But I also understand 2.5 meq/L (7dkh) to be about on par with NSW?

Yes that's true but your little slice of heaven ain't nsw lol...the nsw stays consistent by design...yours on the other hand needs some room to wiggle

Yes that's true but your little slice of heaven ain't nsw lol...the nsw stays consistent by design...yours on the other hand needs some room to wiggle

Ok, I can buy that. Maybe I'll do 8. When I grow up, I want to be like Alan!

Right, you are not running nsw. Jack reminded me that nsw also has 0 phosphate when i told him that my photo period was a continuous ramp up and down for 12 hours because that is what happens naturally at the equator where lots of coral grows. Now i am reducing my period.

holy johosephat....is it possible all three of you will be on board soon and not going rogue anymore? Fascinating....it all comes full circle....lol

holy johosephat....is it possible all three of you will be on board soon and not going rogue anymore? Fascinating....it all comes full circle....lol

I will find a way to be a little rogue, don't you worry.

I'm not dosing, I'm supplementing. Big difference. :)

its like herding cats with the 3 of you....you are all aging me 

Would you rather the 3 of us, or your children snowed in for half the school year?

So I test my tank again tonight, and my alk has climbed to a whopping 138 (rough translation 140= 7.84 dkh) This is the highest I've had it climb without doing a water change, so I will try again in a few days and see how I look. Getting ready to do a 40 gallon water change tomorrow, so hopefully that won't make much of a difference, don't want to shock my SPS in one fell swoop, but it's time to do a water change. I should test my calcium, as I have no idea what that is at, but have been dosing for it...

how is everything looking? notice any differences?

and to answer your question...neither...they both sound like something that would induce a padded room episode. 

Um, polyps are out on my Dr. Macs acros, but that could just be the natural progression of things, hard to say.

I'll take a close look when i get home tonight, but I've been pretty busy, haven't been able to enjoy the tank.