Boy that's a lot of salt! 120gal

FrontosaTony

Went through a bucket so fast with a 120gal tank! With my 28gals it was nothing but dang the 120 eats the salt... To fill and change water. Where do you all get your salt. Need to find some cheaper. Let me know.

How much salt you got through?

Where you buy it?

Tony

Depends on where you live or want to go. There are several stores around. We are lucky, pretty much every corner of our area is covered by at least one store.

(edited)

Knew I could buy it most places. I was looking for a recommendation as to where to buy it at the best price.

Found it for $50 for a 200gal box of instant ocean online. Any better?

Edited by FrontosaTony

There are group buys for salt almost every month on here. Keep a look out.

Usually between $30-$40 for a 200 gallon box of Instant Ocean.

yeah, if you wait for a group buy, you can nab them for $40-$45 for Reef Crystals.

I go through a box a month. I ONLY buy it when it's on sale and then I buy at least 3 or 4 boxes. 

Keep your eyes open, someone usually announces a sale. 

Any one running a sale for the spring meeting? 

Maybe we need a salt sale thread? Anyone who finds a good price can post it so we can all jump on board. 

I think i might know someone that is going to have a sale soon :happy:

Knew I could buy it most places. I was looking for a recommendation as to where to buy it at the best price.

Found it for $50 for a 200gal box of instant ocean online. Any better?

yeah $50 for IO is not that good of a price if it's Reef Crystals that's a fair price, check with Richard at Exotic Reef Creations, he might have some, I usually pay around $50 for RC, but if you have some already and can wait doing a group buy will save you money

I'm surprised at how little salt I go through. However, I don't do nearly as many water changes as seems to be the standard. But definitely keep an eye on the forums, salt group buys and QR's sales are great. Buy a few boxes and you'll be set until you see another one pop up. I wouldn't expect to pay more than $35 for IO and $50 for RC with this strategy