Sunday, big blowout aquarium party!!

dave w

Steve Outlaw did once, but his didn't come on an A Frame in a pallet, his came as a tank and was held together with silicone.  He did a great job unpacking it, though, down to individual panes of glass... ;)

Davelin,

I can imagine how a tank would be shipped.   I have never seen how a box truck would pack glass but I imagine the pieces would be carried completely vertical and clamped to poles or the box sides, rather than to a pallet.  

Let me count how many hands are for sure Saturday and call Glass Cages to find out.  Then I'll PM you tomorrow (Friday) whether your pallet jack can be used.  Many thanks again.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Tricia. If we don't finish this weekend and in my spare time during next week, another extravaganza may be in order. I will give an update. If your picture is a true facsimile, we'll let you hold the 270 pound glass panel while the rest of the gang gets sandwiches. Just kidding, there are plenty of glass tasks to go around. Let me know your preferred drink.

You laugh but there was a time where that wouldn't have been pushing me too much. I used to out bench half the guys in my gym. ;) Let me know about next weekend. Happy to help

Thanks again, Tricia.  We will see how big the Sunday crew is and how far we get.  I don't have any expectations.  I ordered my glass to tight tolerances so we could find out that a pane needs to be sanded down 1/8" and wait another week.  If you benched that much you can help straighten things out in my garage!

Too bad you're busy this weekend, if the sun is out Sunday afternoon the temps would have reminded you of your native Miami.

Wish we could help, I want to see you're system. But Josh has to work and I have the kids that day so I wouldn't be much help....Unless you want someone to take pictures. :)

Too bad you're busy this weekend, if the sun is out Sunday afternoon the temps would have reminded you of your native Miami.

Lol. That's why I'm going hiking on Saturday and doing some outdoor adventure course on Sunday for friends birthday. I need a TAN!

Lol. That's why I'm going hiking on Saturday and doing some outdoor adventure course on Sunday for friends birthday. I need a TAN!

You can tan under my LEDs. I'll turn them up to 100% power!

Piper27 and Wangspeed, please wait just a little longer on your pickup trucks.  Der ABT is having sewer issues and may not be able to bring his trailer tomorrow.  He will let me know after dinner tonight and I'll pass the word along.

Tricia, you'll have to get your tan Saturday when the weather is supposed to be perfect, Sunday it is supposed to be cloudy and 50F.  

Rebecca you're welcome to take pics if you want, I am not too far from Woodbridge.  We have two 6 yr old boys and a 12 year girl if your kids are of an age to play with them.

Dave just shot you a PM.. about my attendance on Saturday. Slipped my mind, that the bulldog has a vet appointment close to that time.

If a need arises in the future let me know... I need to get out of the house.

Dave just shot you a PM.. about my attendance on Saturday. Slipped my mind, that the bulldog has a vet appointment close to that time.

If a need arises in the future let me know... I need to get out of the house.

Wayne, no problem.  We'll miss your help.

I can help out Sunday if you still need extra hands.

We'd appreciate your help.  You've been here once but won't remember the way.  I'll PM you my address.

Ok, we have a final plan.  Der ABT will lend his covered trailer but we need to:  hope the driver's not late, load, get to Fairfax Station, unload in my driveway, and most importantly, get der ABT back on the road so he can get to Tyson's by noon.  

So all hands will be appreciated.

Many thanks to all the helpers this morning.  Der ABT came through big time with his trailer and I owe him a great debt.  Wangspeed, Piper27, and Walt Haas all gave a big hand getting the glass off the truck.  

See everyone at the party tomorrow.  We got several pizzas and a case of nice ales.

By the way, somebody left a very nice pair of black leather gloves in the greenhouse.  Please come by or let me know where I can drop them off to you.

Oh, son of a bleep!!  I just see this, missed the Expo show and the gathering...........I missed everything.  Thats it!!!  No more working for me.  Working is way over rated, I am missing out on too much.   :angry:  

By the way, somebody left a very nice pair of black leather gloves in the greenhouse. Please come by or let me know where I can drop them off to you.

I'll bet that was me. I can swing by... Maybe this Sunday evening? I might make it to the meeting as well, don't know how that will pan out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk