Evergrow Lighting Schedule

craigdon

I've finally hooked up my Evergrow IT light and I was curious if anyone would like to share their lighting schedule?  I've searched all over the web and I've come across a few so far, but most of the threads are so long I haven't had the time/luck to find anything useful. I've searched on here also and came up with very little, but if anyone knows of a thread please share.

I don't have anything in my tank yet except for liverock, sand and water.  Will I need to slowly ramp up my lights when I start adding my first fish and corals?

Thanks,

Craig

Mine come on at 3PM and go off at 12AM
They go in steps of half hours and increase by 5 until they are at 50 blue and 50 white then stay that way for a couple hours and sink back down.

Anything over 50% seems to bleach my corals.

My lights come on at 1pm and go off at 10pm.

I have them setup similar to you now, but I feel like I spent the money on these extra features so I should probably use them.

Plus the sunrise/sunset and moon phase is pretty cool when showing off the tank :)

Mine come on at 3PM and go off at 12AM

They go in steps of half hours and increase by 5 until they are at 50 blue and 50 white then stay that way for a couple hours and sink back down.

Anything over 50% seems to bleach my corals.

Do you keep both channels at the same level through the entire process, or do you have more blue when going up and down?

It seems most of the schedules I've seen had more blue.

Thanks

Mine go on around 8AM on 60/40 and then turn to blues from 6-9pm, sometimes off earlier.

No ramping up or down.

Moonlights until 10am

The peak is from 1-3 where it's at 70w/50b then after 3 it gradually works it way back down until 8pm where it's moon again.

Do you keep both channels at the same level through the entire process, or do you have more blue when going up and down?

It seems most of the schedules I've seen had more blue.

Thanks

I have more blue in the morning and evening. First half hour is blue only then white slowly fills in. By "Mid day" I have 5 more white than blue.

I like the idea of starting a little later in the morning and ending later at night.

It seems like there isn't a tried and true setup, just what ever your personal preference is(as long as your inhabitants don't object).

My max is 65 blue 35 white. There is a nice spreadsheet on the reefbreeders site to set up sunrise sunset. You put in your max blue and white and it creates a nice sine wave for a 12 hour period. I molded the sheet for a 12 hour blue and 10 hour white.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Blue at 10% at 1pm

Blue 20% white 1% 2pm

Blue 30% white 10% 3pm

Blue 40% white 20% 4pm

Blue 50% white 30% 5pm

Blue 60% white 35% 6pm

Blue 65% white 40% 7pm

Blue 50% white 25% 8pm

Blue 20% only 9pm

Moons 10pm

Off at 11pm

That's from memory.. but its similar to that...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I just installed mine on Starurday, I have mine set around 25% white 40-50% blue they sit aprox 18" off the water, so far so good, my GSP and Pipe organ seem a little hesitant to open up but everything else looks great, I dont have anything too demanding in my tank, I was waiting to get better lighting before I got crazy with my coral.

I dont know if my lights are at a good % yet, that seems to be the only drawback to the evergrows lol, im used to T5's they took the guess work out of it for me lol

Seeing the couple people who posted intensity,  What max intensity are people running their lights at and what kind of corals are you keeping? 

I'm running at 50 white 45 blue and I keep SPS

12 inches from the surface

Edited by Happyfeet

100 Blue and 75 White.

Lights are 12 inches from water surface.

How deep is your shallowest coral? running over 75% caused my upper corals to bleach even when acclimating slowly over the course of a month.

My running numbers were created using trial and error and personal preference to color my upper most corals are 2-4 inches from the surface of the water.

Edited by Happyfeet

How deep is your shallowest coral? running over 75% caused my upper corals to bleach even when acclimating slowly over the course of a month.

My running numbers were created using trial and error and personal preference to color my upper most corals are 2-4 inches from the surface of the water.

I have SPS colonies, Nasuta, Torts, and Red Dragon on the sandbed. 

Anybody run the moon lights all night? Can anything bad happen from doing that?

I read an article about corals and fish needed "down time" with no lights... didn't say it really affected them to leave moons on...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2