Everybody ready for ice storm?

hawkfish01

Here we go again! Mother nature is beginning to get on my last nerve... Calling for ice/sleet tuesday pm to weds am then change to rain..winter storm warning out.. Is everyone stocked on handwarmers,batteries for your emergency pumps,battery backups full charge(wish i had one!)and plenty of blankies(for yourself and for tank covers)Everyone stay safe and PLZ be careful driving weds am...and hopefully our little reef treasures will make thru ok..

don't tempt fate Isaac!!

*Finds good poking stick, proceeds to look for fate.*

The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warningfor Loudoun County. The warning begins Tuesday at 7 p.m. and is in effect until Wednesday at 10 a.m.

The Winter Storm Warning is for sleet and freezing rain, meaning that the area will be impacted with significant amounts of sleet and ice. Travel is likely to be severely impacted.

The NWS is forecasting sleet and freezing rain with accumulations of one-quarter of ice and up to 1 inch of sleet. Freezing rain and sleet will likely begin Tuesday night.

Precipitation will switch over to all freezing rain overnight, and then continue early Wednesday morning. It will switch to rain mid-morning on Wednesday.

Temperatures will be in the upper 20s Tuesday night, rising into the lower 30s late Tuesday and Wednesday morning. Temperatures will rise above freezing by mid-morning Wednesday.

Untreated roads and sidewalks will become slippery from sleet and ice. Travel will be dangerous during this time, including during the Wednesday morning commute. 

Poor Northeasterner's

Hope everyone makes it out okay!

Edited by brad908

As long as I finally have class tomorrow...I could care less...with that said I hope ODU's main campus has nothing...I really need to go to class! (Said only I ever this once in my whole life!)

Wonder how big of an earthquake is needed to knock over an 18" cube.

I would never wish that upon you! But I can't imagine needing to worry about that.... Or not. Experienced a 6.2 as a kid in S. Cali, not fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I would never wish that upon you! But I can't imagine needing to worry about that.... Or not. Experienced a 6.2 as a kid in S. Cali, not fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Wasn't the one in DC a couple years ago 6.0? Only had a couple picture frames on the floor after that.

Wasn't the one in DC a couple years ago 6.0? Only had a couple picture frames on the floor after that.

But epi-center was pretty far away so what we felt in DC was much less...

Not to brag, but being in Florida, I have been stressing about needing to get an air conditioner for my garage as that is where my frags, phyto and rotifers are. It was 85 in the garage to day and my tanks were toasty. Guess it is better then dealing with the cold. 

Stay safe and warm everybody! Battery powered air pumps are always a good safety to have in case you lose power.

Not to brag, but being in Florida, I have been stressing about needing to get an air conditioner for my garage as that is where my frags, phyto and rotifers are. It was 85 in the garage to day and my tanks were toasty. Guess it is better then dealing with the cold. 

Stay safe and warm everybody! Battery powered air pumps are always a good safety to have in case you lose power.

Get a large air moving fan(Costco usually has them in spring)...for right now until temps hit 90+ you should be good through evaporative cooling...

I lived in SWFL for 10 years and can't imagine running ANY tank without a chiller 365 days a year. I suggest that as a less expensive option to AC