Saltlife's SPS Fusion

SaltLife

Welcome to my build/progress thread I have been wanting to start. This tank will be a on a zeovit dosage regiment , without the reactor, media in the overflow instead. I will run carbon in the media racks.

Hardware:

• Tunze 9004 Skimmer
  • Vortech MP10w (only one for now maybe two in the future)
  • IM Custom Caddy (when ever it comes out)
  • AutoAqua Smart ATO
  • Evergrow IT 2060
  • Cobalt 100w Neo Therm

Dosage:

• Coral Vitalizer
  • Zeovit Media
  • ZeoBac
  • ZeoStart 3
  • Pohl’s Xtra
  • Amino Acid Concentrate LPS
  • Sponge Power
  • 2 part most likely once I see drops in Calcium and Alk in the tank before weekly water changes.

I'm very curious about the zeovit products and system but I have faith in it based on reviews and watching on their website so I will be doing exactly how it says for the start up of a new tank and go from there.

What is a build thread good for without pics ...

2013-05-1020112645_zpsgaoib1em.jpg

20140113_172806_zpsgzbfbfez.jpg

20140113_172813_zpsszgv3j38.jpg

20140116_125719_zpsbqzkmrsv.jpg

20140116_085817_8_zpsoogsahob.jpg

20140125_181029_zpsbqz7r3iy.jpg

20140201_145755_zpsokxkx33r.jpg

20140201_145805_zpsckpmycox.jpg

20140202_125004_zpsekufkvcq.jpg

I'm not very good about timeline photo's I get to caught in the moment and only think about what I have either in front of me or ahead of me on the project. But It's nearly 98% done and in my house now so that's good enough for me right now. Polyurethane for the finish cote. Unfortunately with my cellphone pics you cannot see the nice gloss sheen in the wood.

Edited by SaltLife

The wood shop is still open on Bowling ? Nice woodwork Bro.

Edited by DCReefer1964

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Time to wake this up again with some pictures. Tank has changed from the Nuvo 24 to the Fusion 30L.

20140312_191600_zpsur02yi1f.jpg

20140312_192230_zpsjmpbxlum.jpg

20140316_181427_zpska5dbgir.jpg

20140316_181957_zpst5htqthz.jpg

20140316_182050_zpsuryntcqq.jpg

The aqua scape is simple. Trying to keep it pretty minimal so that i can get the most coral growth i can out of this little tank. Everything is very very quite! I love it! Except for the MP10W. Now all i hear is that thing ramping up and down. Kind of annoying but i guess it is what it is. I think i will get another MP10w so that i get good flow from both sides, one doesn't quite reach all the way to the other side.

Thoughts on the new fusion line:

Great looking tank (not to sound cocky), but man I'm glad i was waiting for that 24g nuvo because I would have missed a better tank with the footprint I love. It looks so much bigger than a normal 30g tank, and with low iron glass its going to look great when things start getting added to the tank.

So far my zeovit cycle is on day 2. No dosing today or tomorrow. Loaded the tank yesterday with Zeostart3, spongepower, and Zeobac. End of this week I'm expecting to see some algae growth and then add some snails to start cleaning it up. Lights are on schedule.

Another fix that I want to implement is some kind of cover for the back AIO section. I'm worried that it will just become an algae trap with the light spread all over the entire tank. I may cut a sheet of plexi glass and paint it black to keep the light out and also make it easy to remove.

As the tank starts to age I will report better on equipment and setup thoughts.

Mods please change the name of this thread to: Saltlife's SPS Fusion

Edited by SaltLife

Mods please change the name of this thread to: Saltlife's SPS Fusion

Yes sir.

Looks great! If you are going to do the acrylic cover on the back, why not just get some black acrylic from the get go instead of painting?

I would go with just blue/UV lights very low. Bacteria grows quicker in the dark, and less algae growth. IMHO

Love the rockscape....looking forward to seeing this tank evolve.  Are you still doing passive flow thru the zeolites?

Thank you for the complement! I am doing the passive flow. I put them on the top shelf, so that i don't have to take my entire filter rack out and have filter floss right under them. Its just a new chore to add to my list, but really not much work at all.

What skimmer you go with? 9004 fits sideways but blocks the overflow some.

9004. Your right it does and man is it a close fit!

Looks great! If you are going to do the acrylic cover on the back, why not just get some black acrylic from the get go instead of painting?

You are very right, but I have some clear acrylic left over and a spray can of flat black paint. I think i will use this as a temporary fix to test. Depending on how it goes, I will buy black acrylic for it. No need in cheeping out on something that small.

is the water flowing in ok with your 9004? i am curious

Its flowing just fine around it. Today I noticed the skimmer finally broke in, its producing a nice foam now (Day 4)

Looks great. Impressive stand build.

Thank you sir. I have been following your build thread very carefully, at one point I was trying to find a cabinet like the one you had on your reef. Now I'm watching the Nanobox light that you have. I saw that he just released the duo with a goose neck ... I may have to look into getting that in my future.

I did have a question about the storm controller. What does it look like? Can you program it and walk away from it or does it need a apex to control it?

Now we have to make that light look Sexy !!!! to match the stand.

One step ahead of you boss haha. Nanobox may be in my future if brad can enlighten me a little bit on them. I think Monkiboy has some as well in his build?