New member from Aberdeen

Hi everyone, my name is Lisa.  Right now I am currently living in El Paso Texas but will be moving to Aberdeen (Aberdeen Proving Ground to be exact) at the end of February.  I have been in the hobby off and on for about 10 years.  I currenly have a 150g mix reef with 30g sump.  I am looking for information on the LFS.  Where do most of the local hobbiest go to for livestock and/or maintainance supplies? I have been some looking around online and I'm seeing there isn't a whole lot of LFS in the area... at least not in Harford County. Any help will be appericiated and I look forward to making new friends!

Don't know that area well as I'm in VA, but welcome to the club. FYI, all the FS stuff is in the member forums, so becoming full member has plenty of privileges!

Good luck with the move. Bringing livestock?

Also another club in MD, a little smaller than us, CMAS. May have some members closer to you there. We share a number of members between the 2 clubs.

Don't know that area well as I'm in VA, but welcome to the club. FYI, all the FS stuff is in the member forums, so becoming full member has plenty of privileges!

Good luck with the move. Bringing livestock?

Also another club in MD, a little smaller than us, CMAS. May have some members closer to you there. We share a number of members between the 2 clubs

Thank you, I wasn't aware of your sister club.  I have found a club a while ago, Mason Dixon Reef Club (MDRC) that is local but I guess their having issues with registration, I haven't been able to successfully register yet.

I will be bringing my fish with me while a girl friend of mine here will be housing all of my coral til I get my tank set back up.  The fish will be QTed in the mean time.  I hope all goes well. 

• 2 weeks later...

There is a premium aquatics in Newark Delaware that is nice, salt and fresh with good prices. We also have house of tropicals in glen Burnie Maryland. That fish place in Lancaster pa, one of the largest in the area. I live south of you by 40 miles in Baltimore, let me know if you need help. Wamas is the top club in the area, lots of members and knowledge. Meetings are a little far but have been worth it every time.

Welcome to WAMAS Lisa!  I used to live in Abingdon MD, my DH worked on APG, back in the early 90's.  Even back then a decent LFS was over an hour away (Aquarium Depot, Randallstown) and has since closed.  Northern VA is just under 2 hours away, we have many decent LFS's here, def worth a road trip a few times a year.  Most are sponsors of WAMAS, check them out under our vendor section.