New Member Just Sayin Hi

Hi all,

My name is Ryan and I just joined WAMAS and subscribed the other day.  Best $20 spent this year!  I couldn't make it out to the meeting this past weekend so I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on the forum.

Edited by RYuen2it

I've got a 75gal reef that's been running for about 4 months now w/ quad 4 T5s and a reef octopus hang on.  I've done freshwater for a long time and still have some tanks running, but the reef has been by far the most fun!

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

Welcome. What plans do you have for your tank?

Welcome Ryan!!

Jump right in and tell us about your tank and your plans for it....

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Right now I've just started with a 75gal.  I thought it would be an ideal size for my first salt/reef tank.  Not planning on anything too crazy right now.  I just want to make sure I can get everything right and then potentially upgrade to a 100gal+.  Right now it's pretty basic; live sand/rock, some beginner sps and lps corals.  I've got the Odyssea Quad T5HO w/timer and LEDS, along with a Beamswork 48" LED just to add more blue to the moon period.  I have two maxijet 1200's running and the flow seems to be pretty adequate.  Sump is in the works but right now I've got the tank running on a Marineland C-360 and have been doing weekly water/filter changes to keep the nitrates down until the sump is all set up.  Definitely excited to be apart of all this!