Trying to replace bearings on a reeflo pump

rocko918

But i have no idea what size the shaft is. I bought bearings based off Melve reef and it was not even close.

My options are :

6203 2RS 10 6203 2RS 5/8 5/8" X 40MM X 12MM PRECISION BEARING 1 PC

6203 2RS 12 6203 2RS 3/4 3/4" X 40MM X 12MM PRECISION BEARING 2 PCS

6203 2RS 8 6203 2RS 1/2 1/2"X40MMX12MM BEARING 2 PCS SHIPS FROM THE U.S.A.

thanks for the help and if it works out well i will make a video of another pump i have to do.

The bearing that I have on my Reeflo are not one part bearings like that.  They have one part that has a ceramic, spring-loaded wear surface that rubs against a mated surface that is attached to the rotating shaft.  Not a roller bearing at all.  I think the Dart uses the same ones I needed which I used in a Blackfin.  I got mine for $25 by emailing sales@reeflopumps.com and they sent me a paypal invoice for it and mailed them out.

Edited by AlanM

Ah, the motor bearing, not the pump seal. Got it. Do you have a vernier caliper to measure the shaft? Or maybe the reeflo folks could tell you what size bearing to get?

If you measure the inside of the old bearing, the outside of the old bearing and the thickness of the bearing you should be able to order a replacement with those dimensions, yes.  Actually, there are plenty of local places that sell bearings, so if you bring the bearing to them they can match it and give you the right one without even measuring it.  I will look up where I got my espresso grinder bearing two years ago.

I thought that there was a youtube video showing bearing replacement on a Dart pump? I think that I saw it a couple of weeks ago. I need to replace a bearing myself, too.

(edited)

Tom, neither of those are the correct one. I used the one from reef addict first. bought those same bearings and they and not even close to the size i need. Mine is and older baldor motor. I have a marlin and a barracuda i need to do this on. I took off the bearings already, they don't seem bad at all. Pretty smooth. But what i did notice is there is rust on the part that spins around in the magnets part. Not sure what its called.

btw the first video you posted is for the seal. I don't need that.

Edited by rocko918

If you measure the inside of the old bearing, the outside of the old bearing and the thickness of the bearing you should be able to order a replacement with those dimensions, yes.  Actually, there are plenty of local places that sell bearings, so if you bring the bearing to them they can match it and give you the right one without even measuring it.  I will look up where I got my espresso grinder bearing two years ago.

I searched for local places that sell bearings. Not really coming up with much.

I have a reeflo dart with a Baldor motor that needs bearing work. I just pulled it offline and replaced it with a Hammerhead/Barracuda Hybrid last week. Post up what you find about the bearings. It may not help me, but it'll be good to have it on record for somebody else, I'm sure.

Sorry about the seal video. I'm sure that I saw a bearing video recently.... I'll have to look again.

If I'm understanding you right, That is the armature. You can sand it lightly with fine emery cloth and that should clean it up. But why is it rusting? I would think that should be sealed.

I have a reeflo dart with a Baldor motor that needs bearing work. I just pulled it offline and replaced it with a Hammerhead/Barracuda Hybrid last week. Post up what you find about the bearings. It may not help me, but it'll be good to have it on record for somebody else, I'm sure.

Sorry about the seal video. I'm sure that I saw a bearing video recently.... I'll have to look again.

If your is like the one in Reef addict, i have those bearings. I have a pack of 10. You can have 2 if you want to try. Shoot me a PM.

I Took the bearing to a shop in manassas, got a replacement and installed them last night. I have yet to put the pump back online as i want to be home for a while so i can make sure it runs well. I am going to pick up 2 more bearings today to do the same on my barracuda that is making the same nosie.

(edited)

Motion Industries Inc 7433 Gateway Ct

Manassas, VA 20109

(703) 393-2314

Is where i got the bearings. They are were more exspensive then on line but i was able to bring in my bearing and match it up to the correct on. They have less exspensive ones but i choose to stay with the better brand.

Edited by rocko918

Motion Industries Inc 7433 Gateway Ct

Manassas, VA 20109

(703) 393-2314

Is where i got the bearings. They are were more exspensive then on line but i was able to bring in my bearing and match it up to the correct on. They have less exspensive ones but i choose to stay with the better brand.

I like keeping my money local. Even if it's a few extra bucks just knowing it's helping a shop out near me it's worth a few extra in my opinion. Now if it's a 200 gallon box for 80 when I can get it shipped for 50 well I guess there is always an exception lol

I need to do about 4 reeflo pumps all with different motors.  Once I get them apart, I'll get bearing measurements for all and post them here.  I'll bet mcmaster will have them.  I have used probably every reeflo pump design they've ever made over the past 10 years (I developed their orca pinwheel so got free pumps to test with), but I've only ever seen two shaft styles, one threaded 5/16" on Darts and 7/16" threads on the hammerhead class pumps.

Of course this project probably won't happen for a few months, but it is on my to-do list :)