Want to slow your Jebao wavemaker down?

Orion

These pumps are powerful. Compared to a Vortech I am finding that the flow is much more narrow/streamlined. Unlike the Vortech the ability to slow them down is not there, at least not by much. I have a wp25 on a 57 rimless and I can't run the pump on "Else" mode without creating a sandstorm.

So how can you slow the Jebao pump down? Install the light sensor that comes with the pump, and put a piece of tape or anything else you can think of that will cover it. This will put the pump into night mode, and slow the pump down to 50% of whatever mode you have selected.

Posted Image

I can now run the pump on "Else" mode in my tank which simulates a high energy reef current.

There are mods people have done to the jebao powerheads to lower them below 50 percent. I would give you some links but not easy to do on this phone. Google with give you the answers.

If you want, I have LED dimmer switches that will slow down your pump. You can have them for free. I bought them thinking I would need them for my Jeabos, but I like them on full blast. 

People have reported issues with the Jebao controller and pump not working when using dimmers to control the speed

I don't think night mode keeps it in else mode. It just has a constant stream in night mode at less power. You have to get an external voltage adjuster.

This is the way mine work while in night mode, but I have the previous version of the controller. Maybe the new ones are different. 

I don't think night mode keeps it in else mode. It just has a constant stream in night mode at less power. You have to get an external voltage adjuster.

Mine definitely still "pulses" in else / night mode.

If you want, I have LED dimmer switches that will slow down your pump. You can have them for free. I bought them thinking I would need them for my Jeabos, but I like them on full blast. 

Jason, I'll take the LED dimmer if you don't mind. I have a wp-25 sitting on the shelves because I haven't figured out how I am going to slow it down.

People have reported issues with the Jebao controller and pump not working when using dimmers to control the speed

I believe the issues were resulting from people dialing the pump down too far w/ the LED dimmers. The controllers need a minimum of 12V (of 24V) going to them. With the LED dimmer, it's not an exact science what is 50% so some people were dialing lower than 50% which would result in the controller/pump not working. At least that was the issue when I started reading about it 4 or 5 months ago.

The easiest way is to get an adjustable power supply.  If you have the newest Jebao controller from Fish Street, it has this somewhat built in.  Otherwise, you'll need something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Adapter-15V-18-5V-19-5V/dp/B004I5ERUW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1388775434&sr=8-15&keywords=12v+24v+power+supply+adjustable

Note, like it's been mentioned above, do not run it under 12V.

Jason, I'll take the LED dimmer if you don't mind. I have a wp-25 sitting on the shelves because I haven't figured out how I am going to slow it down.

It is all yours. I have two, so if you need another, or someone else wants one. It is up for grabs as well. 

The easiest way is to get an adjustable power supply.  If you have the newest Jebao controller from Fish Street, it has this somewhat built in.  Otherwise, you'll need something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Adapter-15V-18-5V-19-5V/dp/B004I5ERUW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1388775434&sr=8-15&keywords=12v+24v+power+supply+adjustable

Note, like it's been mentioned above, do not run it under 12V.

Does that mean if you run it on a 15V power supply that ELSE mode will only vary between 50% and 62.5%?  I've been considering switching from my MP10 to 2 WP10's for better random flow.