The Life Cycle of a Coral Killer: the Acropora-Eating Flatworm

scott711

Should WAMAS think about donating to this scientific study  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should WAMAS consider donating to this study?

• Yes, Great Idea
    • No, go pound sand

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I was thinking that this might be a great area where WAMAS can help.  I thought that if WAMAS could donate/participate in this study, it might help the industry get rid of this pest :).

What does everyone think?

Here is a link:

https://www.microryza.com/projects/the-life-cycle-of-a-coral-killer-the-acropora-eating-flatworm

im all about helping with this, i know it seems to be getting more common these days.

id be happy to donate an acro colony or donate a few corals at the next meeting to raise some funds (granted they wont have AEFW but)

There are only 16 days left in the fundraising period before this project is either funded or fails to get support and closes. Individuals can certainly donate if they so choose. There's nothing to stop people from doing so. If you support the research and the researcher, please register your support with a donation to the project.

I've supported other Microryza projects in the past.

Before donating to anything, be sure that you understand the terms. Microryza's FAQ is here.

You mean the link here? Or the paper where he was listed as a contributor (since he supplied the AEFW)?

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using Tapatalk

I would support this since Kate is involved, and it's likely to have good science behind it.  Kate is formerly with the SI Marine Station in Ft. Pierce, FL and is a leader in polyclad research.  I have also corresponded with her regarding polyclads, and she is very knowledgable and knows what she is doing.

As an aside, she's also just an awesome person...  :)

Mike

Looks like the goal was reached. Already over 5k! Look forward to following their findings.

:-)

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using Tapatalk