Lighting Recommendations

craigdon

I'm starting up my first tank in a long time and I was curious which LED lights would be best for my tank.  I'm looking at the Evergrow lights, but I'm not sure which one will cover my odd shaped tank the best. I'm leaning toward the IT series.

I've attached a rough diagram of my tank dimensions.

It's a 70 gallon tank.

Thanks!

Fish Tank Dimensions.docx

It didn't open for me. I don't own the lights so can't give much opinion. They come with mount kits so it hangs above the tank from wires. Also the LEDs come with optics to spread out the light so it's not a solid laser beam. Just keep that in mind and the dimensions of it. Typically from what I have seen is one d120 per 2ft of tank. Maybe start with one or two and if not enough to cover the tank buy more?

It didn't open for me. I don't own the lights so can't give much opinion. They come with mount kits so it hangs above the tank from wires. Also the LEDs come with optics to spread out the light so it's not a solid laser beam. Just keep that in mind and the dimensions of it. Typically from what I have seen is one d120 per 2ft of tank. Maybe start with one or two and if not enough to cover the tank buy more?

Thanks for your input.  It's a corner tank and shaped similar to home plate in baseball, which is what has me confused on the lighting needed.  

You'll be Very happy with them, I run the D120, and Love it. Wished I had more money at the time, Would've gone with the IT, for more control, Plus... It's just fun tinkerin' with it and all that. hahahaa.lol.
      Anywho tho', I can also not see the Attachment, Can you give us the Measurements of the tank, That'd help us to better determine which Light to get over your tank. Either way, I'm sure you'll be Very pleased with the Evergrow lights.

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

Maybe a 24" reefbrite at the front and a d120 dead middle...dunno...also depends on what corals you want to keep and if you need full coverage at high intensity

Thanks Mr. 703!

I have attached a different version of the word document with my dimensions on it.  It's an older version of Word, so I hope it's easier to open.  

Just in case you can't open it, I'll try and explain the dimensions also.

It's a 70 gal corner tank shaped similar to home plate.  It's 30 inches from the back up each side.  It then angles in a little for 8 inches.  Then it is 31 inches across the front.  It's 31" from the middle of the front to the back corner.

CraigDon

Fish Tank Dimensions.doc

You should be fine with any of the longer IT series lights... or 2 of the new version of the d120's

they have fairly good light spread you'd need to run them almost side by side long wise from the center of your tank but I don't think you'd have any shadows that way

If you're going with the evergrow, I'd put 2 d120s over the tank. Make sure you get a full spectrum layout. You could also go with a couple Kessel a 150 pendants.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

i'd probably just do an IT2060 and call it a day and i think you'd have some near perfect wall to wall (to wall to wall to wall, did i get them all?) coverage. shoot me a PM or ERC a PM if you have any questions. either of us would be glad to help!

Is the 31" length the front?  The IT2060 will generally do the trick, but you probably won't have great coverage at the point.  I would mount it closer to the front, and possibly even angle it a little towards the point, and rely on white walls to reflect light.

Barring that, I think 2 Kessils would be nice too, but more costly.