Lost Another (LFS) One....

howaboutme

This was the notice sent out this morning:

Dear Pristine Aquariums Customers:

As of Monday October 28, 2013 we are permanently closed for business. It was a very difficult decision that involved personal and contractual factors on a soon to be expiring lease agreement for the retail space.

I want to personally thank you for all your support and commitment to us over the last six years! We hope we have served you and the community well and provided the kind of service every business strives to achieve. My staff and I have had the greatest pleasure in working with you and have come to know many of you very well!
We wish you all the best as you continue your aquarium endeavors!

Best regards,
Phillip

Thanks. I saw this referred to in another thread and immediately called them. It was confirmed. Yesterday was their last official day of being open.  It's not that business isn't good - business has been good and is growing. It's that the landlord wants more than they can give and still make the business case to stay open. So, rather than moving on, they're shutting down. That's the story as of fifteen minutes ago, at least.

Thanks. I saw this referred to in another thread and immediately called them. It was confirmed. Yesterday was their last official day of being open.  It's not that business isn't good - business has been good and is growing. It's that the landlord wants more than they can give and still make the business case to stay open. So, rather than moving on, they're shutting down. That's the story as of fifteen minutes ago, at least.

Sad for a fish store point of view but makes total business sense. The building owners know they can get higher rents then what they are charging currently....Hope other fish stores have signed a loooooonnnnnnnnggggggggg lease or at least own their buildings out right.

I was in there less than a week ago, they had quite a bit of stock, wonder how it goes from here.

There's a fine line between not enough and too much. It's a shame to see some company's close doors because of rental agreements and see that space empty for two years because no one was lined up to move in. I dont see how the leasing co make out on those deals..

Sorry to hear they closed down.

There's a fine line between not enough and too much. It's a shame to see some company's close doors because of rental agreements and see that space empty for two years because no one was lined up to move in. I dont see how the leasing co make out on those deals..

Sorry to hear they closed down.

Depending on who owns it the tax write off from it being empty does more for them than the actual income....kinda stupid how some of our tax laws work...

Depending on who owns it the tax write off from it being empty does more for them than the actual income....kinda stupid how some of our tax laws work...

The space next door to us has been vacant for 6 years now... They get a tax write off based on the property value, which doesn't always coincide with actual, plausible retail rent. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to hear this.  I've been trying to reach out to Phil and/or the other staff but the only number I have is disconnected. 

Phil / PA staffers, we have openings.  

Please call or email me:

Phil

Reef eScape

703 943 6631