Top Posters In This Topic

so what is your stock list currently?

1 melanurus wrasse

1 Hippo Tang

2 clowns

1 Chevron (TBD)

look at little isaac grown all up...

Still a long way to go!

dont go crazy...he is still dangling a mantis over that DT....he is more of an adolescent than grown up  :laugh:

I'm not keen on putting anything in my DT I'll have to take out anytime soon. The thought is dwindling. BUT still will probably always be in the back of my mind.

and what are you thinking of adding in ?

Oh, I forgot I had a Yellow Tang, so 1 Yellow Tang.

I am still thinking about:

1 Powder Blue

1 Blond Naso

That would be my capping point. I've touched on going with a Wrasse tank, or doing something cool like adding 15 yellow tailed damsels and a yellow tang.

You lose the blue eye kole?

Yeah man, sorry :( It didn't take kindly to the copper treatment like the rest of the fish, don't know why.

I have a nice dieases free hippo that needs a home in a few months for ya

Already got one man, thanks though.

• 1 month later...

This sounds like a lot of time, effort, and cash you are using in an attempt to try and "save" a few fish.  I sure as H-E-double hockey sticks don't have your motivation for such a huge endeavor.  

I wish you the best of luck!

Eating my own words, and bumping this thread for others who might be thinking of doing the same thing as it has a lot of valuable information. Currently have an ich outbreak in my new display, and will be starting the QT/HT process tomorrow. Starting to lose fish, and I can't stand back and not do anything about it.

I am now staring at an uphill battle.

Isaac - I don't recall, did you end up giving your fish a freshwater bath before you put them in their hospital tanks?

LOL Ryan...the worst part is you had your first go around back in October....

Wish I saw this earlier.  I am in a similar situation with my tank.  Woke up this morning to find one of clowns with ich on it.  None of the other fish have anything on them. All fish are currently eating like crazy.

I haven't added anything new to the tank in 5 months, and all of a sudden it shows up today.   :blink:

Taking the Paul B and Zygote approach.. Lots of good food...

Roggers has garlic and a bunch of vitamins in it. 

And then enough time has passed that you now understand how important it is to save ALL life to the best of your ability!....so that's an awesome turn around on your part!!!! Good luck with it and we are all here for you!

Eating my own words, and bumping this thread for others who might be thinking of doing the same thing as it has a lot of valuable information. Currently have an ich outbreak in my new display, and will be starting the QT/HT process tomorrow. Starting to lose fish, and I can't stand back and not do anything about it.

I am now staring at an uphill battle.

Isaac - I don't recall, did you end up giving your fish a freshwater bath before you put them in their hospital tanks?

LOL Ryan...the worst part is you had your first go around back in October....

And then enough time has passed that you now understand how important it is to save ALL life to the best of your ability!....so that's an awesome turn around on your part!!!! Good luck with it and we are all here for you!

This is true. I completely forgot about that little outbreak back in October. I did introduce two new fish a couple of weeks ago, and they could have been carrying a different strain of ich. I already lost my favorite fish yesterday, the red scooter dragonet. Had that little guy almost a year. Not going to let this crap happen again.

I have a 10 gallon tank on standby while I'm out of town, and I feel that it won't be enough to hold 2 clowns, a small wrasse, and a pygmy angel. I get back home tomorrow. Should I get a 20L instead?

Ryan, pardon my brevity, on the phone. No freshwater dips, I was really intimidated by that process. But I hear it's helpful, just match the ph.