Tech's acrylic 2g Nano Build

XxTech MoneyxX

I took a look at the many goby fish choices their are. Now that I finally have flow circulation going through the tank it's starting to look good

Looks good! I have a tiny yellow clown goby in my picotope with sexy shrimp and it's great. Check the adult size on the clown gobies - they can be very different. I like the pandas. Sexies should probably be well fed with zoas in there too though. A peppermint would be nice. I threw 2 skunk cleaners in my nuvo 16 and they seem WAY too big. One maybe, but they are extremely active. I couldn't imagine one in my 3 gallon.

I use a 16 ounce or so cup and just dip it in the tank to do water changes once or twice a week. I probably aim for about a half gallon a week. A Rio 50 might be worth a try in there. I have one and keep debating adding it, but everything seems happy now so I keep waiting. It would be perfect flow and you could aim the nozzle behind the rock. I don't really use carbon unless I have the need. I just stuff some filter floss in the little hob and change it out a couple times a week.

I find that with the picos, keeping it simple and using primarily water changes and a little mechanical filtration works best.

That's a lot of flow for a 2G, Tony. How did you dial it down? Do those pumps have intake adjusters?

Hey Ed, well to be honest I think I did some sort of rig from the pieces provided in the box lol.  I have it aimed at the back of the tank.  Really close to the back glass with a extension piece attached that seems to tone it down a little... it's not moving the sand around anymore and it looks as thought the water is circulating properly throughout the tank.  

But no... no adjustments can be made on this pump lol

Looks good! I have a tiny yellow clown goby in my picotope with sexy shrimp and it's great. Check the adult size on the clown gobies - they can be very different. I like the pandas. Sexies should probably be well fed with zoas in there too though. A peppermint would be nice. I threw 2 skunk cleaners in my nuvo 16 and they seem WAY too big. One maybe, but they are extremely active. I couldn't imagine one in my 3 gallon.

I use a 16 ounce or so cup and just dip it in the tank to do water changes once or twice a week. I probably aim for about a half gallon a week. A Rio 50 might be worth a try in there. I have one and keep debating adding it, but everything seems happy now so I keep waiting. It would be perfect flow and you could aim the nozzle behind the rock. I don't really use carbon unless I have the need. I just stuff some filter floss in the little hob and change it out a couple times a week.

I find that with the picos, keeping it simple and using primarily water changes and a little mechanical filtration works best.

Hey lutz, thank you for your comment! 

What kinds of things going on with your tank make you want to from the carbon in the filter? 

I'll be sure to check on the gobies size before I pick one, I’ll use Live Aquaria with that :-)

Your right about the skunk cleaner though, I really want one in there buy honestly he won’t have any fun in that little tank :-(

As for the water changes, lol it's not like it's hard, I will take your method with the 16 oz. cup at least once a week lol!

Thanks again!

That pump look pretty big in your 2 gallons. I'm right behind you with a 8 gallon ADA. I'm really not moving fast at all, I'm cycling with dry rock, no sand, bare bottom. I plan on just zoas, haven't figured out my light yet, probably some DIY LED's once I'm done QTing all my fish and getting my DT under control.

That pump look pretty big in your 2 gallons. I'm right behind you with a 8 gallon ADA. I'm really not moving fast at all, I'm cycling with dry rock, no sand, bare bottom. I plan on just zoas, haven't figured out my light yet, probably some DIY LED's once I'm done QTing all my fish and getting my DT under control.

Yeah it is kinda big but you know it's doing the job... I think we are addicted man!!

I can't wait to set this 120 up!!! BTW I still have the 150 but the cost of the glass is 238 by itself!

I have a 120 that has nothing wrong with it. Just need a stand for it lol and of course all of the gadgets lol.

This nano is coming along though I like

That pump is HUGE....I'm not sure your going to be happy...you may just want to order the hydor online from the drs. When you have enough to get free shipping ($49)[/quote

I think it will be ok

It's so hard to get pictures of the zoas. The light is doing real good. I'm starting to like this little build better thank my other tank lol

Any ideas on getting a good pic?

It's so hard to get pictures of the zoas. The light is doing real good. I'm starting to like this little build better thank my other tank lol

Any ideas on getting a good pic?

• 2 weeks later...

So, I put 2 snails in here and they are leaving there little nasty droplets of poo on my rock lol!  This is why I want to get a Pepermant Shrimp in there, but I put one in and it died :-( 

Tested the the water and everything was normal.  Put one in my 36g too, and he is doing fine!  Eating all the aptasia in the tank!  YAY!  It's amazing what one Pep Shrimp is capable of lol!    

• 5 months later...

Posted Image

Figured I'd post an updated picture. This little 2.5 seems to be doing pretty good. I have it in my kitchen now so it gets more visibility now