Roggers Food

swimmatte

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so this is weird.  I'm really thinking now that I got a bad batch of food.  So today I picked up a used SWC 120 skimmer and set it up on my frag tank.  It was doing well from the get go, producing skimmate within an hour.  Tonight, I went and fed the Roggers again to both tanks and low and behold, the SWC went crazy and overflowed within 10 minutes.  WHY IS THIS FOOD MAKING 4 DIFFERENT SKIMMERS GO CRAZY?!?!?!?!

You're insane. I have used 1.5 bags from same batch and Nada on two tanks....two skimmers....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Just because you bought it for me at the same time as you bought yours, it doesn't mean it was definitely the same batch. But anyways, if it's not a bad batch then what could it be? It's really f'ing frustrating.

Did you try the food in anyone else's tank yet? Maybe it's something in your water?

I have not, I need to stop by your place or Alan's tomorrow.

Feel free to stop by and feed my fish, heh.

Will do!

If your stuff ain't killing your fish/coral I can test tomorrow in my tank early. I plan on changing water at like 10.

My fish and corals have never been happier.  It's amazing how much my prized zoas love this stuff.

I sent an email to Roggers just now, I'm curious as to how they'll respond.

My skimmer overflowed today too after feeding a small chunk of Roggers food.  I fed the complete blend plus (green kind).  I wonder if leaving it out to melt then refreezing it is the issue.  I accidently left mine out a few days ago and it completely melted.  I also have the complete blend (orange kind) and will try it tomorrow to see if the skimmer overflows.

Fish love it though

That shouldn't do anything, it could be the fish they used were rinsed with stpp(?).so what I would suggest is to thaw and rinse well before using until you hear from them...

That shouldn't do anything, it could be the fish they used were rinsed with stpp(?).so what I would suggest is to thaw and rinse well before using until you hear from them...

Rinsing Roggers defeats the purpose of what makes their food great.  You'd be getting rid of all the good stuff.

Now I'm curious, and going to go OT on this topic, but I always rinse all my frozen food before putting it into all my tanks. What is in this food that makes it not right to rinse it?

roggers is the only food I don't rinse...I have experimented with this food for years and years and in the end the food is so clean with no crap additives its better to just put it all in and keep the added vitamins, garlic etc he puts in there....but I do rinse everything else i put in the tank 

Ok, so I just fed the Roggers from Swimmattes supply for the second time in 3 days. It doesn't appear that the skimmer is doing anything out of the ordinary. It may be slightly affecting the bubbles, but it's not going crazy.

now I am CONVINCED the skimmer is operator error if you can't figure out post #s....

look again

Lol, I SWEAR when I looked earlier, Alan's was #6!

Operator error huh? Well, I have two new skimmers up and running now, will be feeding in an hour