Greetings

Hi everyone - Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm just getting into the saltwater hobby and taking it nice and slow. I acquired a 90 gallon tank w/ a sump, corner overflow and VHO lighting last spring, set it up a few months ago and just added some live rock this past weekend. Steve Outlaw referred me (and got me hooked up w/ my live rock) to WAMAS and I must say that I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the content on these forums.

I'm looking forward to getting the rest of my tank going and deciding if I'm going to go the full reef or FOWLR.

WELCOME, Def full reef baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome- Another NVa keeper- ther eare several of us near that can help in a pinch. I second Bob's comment -You have to have softies- They are so easy- and your system will do fine with them- we generally can make cuttings avaialble when ever you are ready. It is not until you get the calcium loving varieties taht the system water params becomes more demanding

Hi everyone - Just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm just getting into the saltwater hobby and taking it nice and slow.  I acquired a 90 gallon tank w/ a sump, corner overflow and VHO lighting last spring, set it up a few months ago and just added some live rock this past weekend.  Steve Outlaw referred me (and got me hooked up w/ my live rock) to WAMAS and I must say that I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the content on these forums.

I'm looking forward to getting the rest of my tank going and deciding if I'm going to go the full reef or FOWLR.

45423[/snapback]

Go full reef. I was in your position a few years ago and found these forums. I decided to go for a full reef. Honestly, 80-90% of the coral in my tank came from frags that I was given by other members. I am finally getting to the point where I can start returning the favor. Trust me, it is much easier on the wallet to practice with free frags than paying top dollar for them. There are many varieties that are very common among WAMAS members and are freely given out, usually at the meetings. Thats my 0.02

Oh yeah, welcome to the party!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I guess I didn't need much convincing - I'm getting the necessary lights to go reef so I'll be ready equipment-wise when my tank cycles and is established.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I guess I didn't need much convincing - I'm getting the necessary lights to go reef so I'll be ready equipment-wise when my tank cycles and is established.

45543[/snapback]

Just let us know when you are ready for some corals. I am getting to the point where I am trying to weed out some of the freebies that I got when I started and moving on to more difficult corals. All that I ask is that you return the favor to someone else when your system gets established.

BB

Welcome.....

When you are ready for some softies, I can offer Green Star Polyps, Capnella (***), Leather Coral and Anthelia (***)... The ones marked with (***) are fast growers and some consider them weeds :D

Unni

I've always got free Xenia for the n00bs.

If you're *really* lucky, Howard can sell you some Cyano, Planaria, and Majano Anemones for only $150!!!! It's a steal.

Thanks for all the great offers - I probably will have to take most of you up on them.

But I do think that I will, uh, pass, on the uh, generous offer for the cyano, Planaria, and majano... I wouldn't to cut into a possibly lucrative e-Bay business... :P

Fellers - Let's not scare Steve away. The boy did express a genuine interest in the hobby and I don't think he's a fly-by-nighter (especially since he bought stuff from me!!!). :D However, I will second the warning about Howard........He can sell ice to an Eskimo.

Steve-o........you do have to get that evil part out of your name. Master Howard doesn't take kindly to others trying to snake in on his evil!! :whip:

Glad you are liking the club. These guys know a lot and will really help you get your reef established.