Amazing plate

surf&turf

Oh, and by the way, while this plate is no doubt the nicest fungia I've ever seen, that picture is heavily over-saturated, and is not a true depiction of the real coloration. 

Oh, and by the way, while this plate is no doubt the nicest fungia I've ever seen, that picture is heavily over-saturated, and is not a true depiction of the real coloration. 

I kew that as soon as I saw the pic. WAYYYYYY over saturated!!!! LOL

I heard they paid less than $300 for it. 

I kew that as soon as I saw the pic. WAYYYYYY over saturated!!!! LOL

I heard they paid less than $300 for it. 

You are correct.  They paid $240 for it.  I offered the chick from Frag Junky $800 cash on the spot, less than an hour after she purchased it for $240 and she wouldn't do it.

"rarer than rare" and there apparently is one just like it in the top right corner, or am i seeing double?

$T2eC16FHJIgFHSmyw1yZBSEqgzv2wQ~~60_3.JP

That's a reflection on the glass. :)

I'm gonna show my friend tony this. He's only interested in a fish or coral if its over a thousand dollars. He paid 3500 for some kinda tang. Gem something. The man has 500k invested in his tank. And when I ask for help he's clueless. He paid people to set it up and cycle it and change the water. He isn't. Hobbyist he just wants to show off lol

Edited by Joshifer

$240 from the wholesaler?

Actually, Frag Junky didn't buy it from a wholesaler.  The swap we were at was the New Jersey Reefers Club swap in June, and they had allowed vendors to set up the night before if they desired.  Evidently the chick from Frag Junky was walking around looking at other vendors set ups on Friday night and she saw that fungia in the frag tank of Ultra Corals and Fish out of Pennsylvania, and asked if she could buy it.  For some dumb reason, the guy agreed to sell it for $240.  Throughout the show, vendors and hobbyists were talking about it non-stop and many rumors were going around regarding how much FJ spent on it.  Most rumors had them paying between $500-$800, which I would have easily believed.  I ran into the guy from Ultra outside and we started discussing the fungia.  He wouldn't give me an exact purchase price but he told me it was less than $300.  After the show the lady that purchased the coral stopped by our booth to chat.  That's when she told us she only paid $240, and that's also when I offered the $800.  Unfortunately, she knew how special that piece was and realized that she could get far more than $800 for it.