GFO Question

epleeds

Never tested for them. I just know when the GFO is expended, I get more algae build up on the glass. I normally run two cups In a reactor and change it out every three weeks. Just wondering if that's enough or if I need more or change it out every two weeks.

If your coral color is good, you are probably spot on. I run a cup on my 90 and was changing it every 2 weeks. My phosphates were down to 0.003 so I've been letting them increase a little and the SPS are coloring back up.

So far its at .028 so I'll probably change mine over the weekend. This will be 4 weeks since I changed mine. Natural seawater runs around .050

I quit mine for a couple weeks as an experiment and the tiny spot of GHA expanded to other rocks lol I got it back up and running quick. Keep her goin good

You should buy a Hanna phosphate colorimeter. Otherwise you have no idea of where you are, where your going and if your there. I use about 1.5 cups for a 93g cube and change when needed. Usage will vary per tank so change schedule will vary as well.

Better resolution with the Phosphorus ULR meter. Better in the range that we test. There's a conversion to get to phosphate but it's easy. I think that there's a chart available that I posted here somewhere.... I'm on my phone though. Maybe somebody can find it?

Sent from my phone

you want phosphorus, not phosphate...  origami can explain it better than I can.

This is a good explanation:

WOW!!! Great info. I did not know this. Thanks