Thems fightn' words!

Djplus1

Hey, does anyone have multiple fighting conchs in a tank? I'm thinking of getting a couple, but don't want them fighting.

Edited by davelin315

I have 2 of them in my 90 and have had no problems they have been in there together for around 6 months.

... I should've been on Debate team in High School. After I posted that, I laid down for a bit, Awoken to Find this Amazement...  Then After I had myself a nice 3 Paragraphs.... It was toooo late  :(   What a shame... it was soo nice ;)      . But Conch's are Tight..lol

Hey, does anyone have multiple fighting conchs in a tank? I'm thinking of getting a couple, but don't want them *edited*:

:rollface:

Edited by davelin315

Why do you need more than one? They are voracious eaters....I'm sure you probably only need one

I'm sick of buying one of things. Either it disappears or it dies and I never actually see it. If I buy a couple/few, I get to see them in action! 

For all I know, I've got 10 emerald crabs playing poker in a rock cave! Bought one at a time. Haven't seen one for months!

(edited)

These are pretty darn hardy creatures I see mine go from one end of my 180 to the other constantly

Well, to ensure my viewing pleasure, I would get 2-3 provided they don't go all steel cage match on each other. I could name them. Edited by davelin315
Names removed.

They will starve to death in a 72....get one...it's a freaking snail what pleasure can you derive? Lol

You really think 2 would not find enough to eat, but one would be fine? I've got turbos the size of baseballs and they seem to be doing fine.

(baseballs is clearly and exaggeration)

QR just sold me three for my 75 cleanup crew. They dont fight. That is just a name. They really are big eaters. Always on the move.

I had three that lived together and I never saw any fighting. I have read they really only fight during mating disputes and the blade is really used for self defense. I know it would try to stab me when I would pick it up. 

Well, to ensure my viewing pleasure, I would get 2-3 provided they don't go all steel cage match on each other. I could name them.

:clap: Edited by davelin315
Names removed.

I had three that lived together and I never saw any fighting. I have read they really only fight during mating disputes and the blade is really used for self defense. I know it would try to stab me when I would pick it up. 

I've read that males will fight each other, probably during mating disputes as you say. This is kind of the problem though. I have no idea what I'd end up with? Three males? Two males one female? Three females? Does anyone go into an LFS or order online and ask what sex snails they're getting?

I think if you have 4 you'd have a better set...cuz you need another one ...oracle.....

Then you can take pictures of all of them and 6000$ worth of chalices at a store you shop at,lol

make sure they are all the right species- many crown top snails are getting mixed in and causing havoc. I'll even go out on a limb and say that I've seen crowns being sold as fighting conchs. 

Caveat Emptor

Regardless of the species, you need to think about the dietary needs of a single large snail, let alone 3. 

Ohhh Rob missed all the fun!

And we're talking about snails here...just snails...nothing other than fighting conchs ::wink wink::

Next they'll be talking about the "blades" again.

make sure they are all the right species- many crown top snails are getting mixed in and causing havoc. I'll even go out on a limb and say that I've seen crowns being sold as fighting conchs.

Caveat Emptor

Regardless of the species, you need to think about the dietary needs of a single large snail, let alone 3.

Oh wow...rob and i agree!! Must be a full moon. Honestly I know LFS may be selling you 3 for your tanks but that is way overkill for the consumption one of these snails do in a tank either of your sizes ....please reconsider

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4