Marineland LED??

steveoutlaw

The reef capable light? I had that, I think it can grow softies and not light demanding LPS, but not anything really light demanding. Also I would suggest shallow. I had the light on a regular 90g and I was able to keep stuff at about 6-8 inches off the bottom. I now have lights from buildmyled.com that I really like and I have LPS doing well under it.

My 156 runs on 2 Marineland reef lights.   I have primarily softies.  The SPS I got from the FF are doing ok, but I put them on the top.

My opinion on them is about what Squishie89 said. In a very shallow setup it might be ok for SPS but when I had one over my 90G I wasn't super impressed with it, but I had mushrooms on the bottom that grew well under it about 22 inches down though. I had supplimental lighting for my SPS when I had it.

I have a LED light that might work for you then. it is a 12x3watt CREE fixture with hanging kit. Let me know if you would like me to bring it over so you can take a look at it.

FWIW, A friend of mine got these for a FW tank a few months ago and is not very happy with them. 3 of the leds have stopped working and their customer service is not up to par to get the thing reapired or replaced.

Steveoutlaw - I have a Marineland reef light I am not using.  I had it on a nano reef for a couple of months.  It's like brand new.  I had it on an 18" tank and it worked great.  Never had a problem.  It isn't the new model with the built-in timer.  It has a switch, but it looks like brand new.  I'm looking for frags for my tank.  You want to trade some frags for it?  Sounds like a win win to me!!

Edited by Reefer_Madness

I'm not a fan of the marineland products.  The only one I do like is their hidden LED as an accent as it has versatile mounting options, and can be submerged.  Why not just get a d120? 

Should b able to do softies..i had one over my 10 gal nano for a while when was first started..do well for softies..

I think I'm covered folks.  This is just something for a 12x18 area that is going to be 6-8" deep. 

Rob - I think a D120 would be a little overkill for that.