How do I say it? Plumbing questions.

YHSublime

So I got this in order to hook up my return. The only thing keeping me from getting water moving. It's 3/4", and I'm looking for a reducer, as my return plumbing is 1" pvc. So when I'm looking for that am I looking for a 1" x 3/4" reducer?

Also, my loc line piece that is 3/4" is threaded, so I want a 1"slip to 3/4" threaded (M or F?) reducer? Also, is this a piece that I should be able to find at Lowes (Home Depot is a no go...)

Seems like a silly thing to ask about, but it's the only holdup at the moment!

Lowes should have it.

Good to know. Yeah, Home Depot is garbage when it comes to plumbing.

I presume this is what I'm looking for.

Yes, those are commonly called bushings. Lowes is good, so is Ferguson. Home Depot is for paint.

Well said.

Use that if you are doing pvc pipe as return. If you go with flexible tubing as return, then you need female barbed adapters like this : http://www.marinedepot.com/plumbing_parts_fittings_hose_barb_hosebarb-ap.html

Hard PVC, not flex, good looks though!

Lowes should have it.

Thank you!

Take pictures on how you plumb that pump...I'm getting the same one and would like to see it!

Also...are you using loc- line returns? Take lots of pictures of those as well,lol!!!,!,!,!,!,

Never go to HD for plumbing supplies, to be blunt they suck, I go to Lowes for plumbing unless it is early enough that I can make it to Ferguson's or one of the other more local plumbing places.  Saving a little money is nice, but the local shops tend to have more of the oddball stuff I look for that even Lowes doesn't have.

Just dont hook up metal screw clamps to your ATO pump. Thats just dumb I know better. Almost lost a birdnest. Lots of rust.

Take pictures on how you plumb that pump...I'm getting the same one and would like to see it!

Also...are you using loc- line returns? Take lots of pictures of those as well,lol!!!,!,!,!,!,

Will do, it's a lot easier than I thought. I'll post up tonight on my build, because I just got the parts I needed.

Never go to HD for plumbing supplies, to be blunt they suck, I go to Lowes for plumbing unless it is early enough that I can make it to Ferguson's or one of the other more local plumbing places.  Saving a little money is nice, but the local shops tend to have more of the oddball stuff I look for that even Lowes doesn't have.

Kevin, no jokes here. The guy who was helping in the plumbing section was absoluetly useless, and that was after I had to wait about 30 minutes for help. I ended up walking out. It's unfortunant that Lowes is out of my way, but I plan on going out of my way for all future needs I can't handle at my local hardware store. It's a little mom and pops by the place I grew up that I will continue to go out of my way to go, and spend a little more money if I have to, solely based on the reason that they are just so geniunily helpful, and love what they do! Same reason for supporting our local vendors :)

Just dont hook up metal screw clamps to your ATO pump. Thats just dumb I know better. Almost lost a birdnest. Lots of rust.

Rookie of the year :tongue:

I got what I needed about 30 seconds into the door at Lowes. Just waiting till 5 so I can rush home and start getting water moving!

the home depot in merrifield is a little better than the one in fallschurch for plumbing,....as most said not great but if yuo get an idea of what you needs look online first. then be prepared to look in a box labeled for a lawnmower or 5inch union to find the correct fitting.

bring a picture vs the name of something.

try browns hardwards in falls churhc, Cherrydale hardware isnt half bad either.

lowes really is way outta the way for arlington.

if you wait for tonight i may actually have one or two of those

The pic of the bushing you showed requires a 1" fitting of some type to work (90, coupling, etc.).  It won't connect directly to 1" pipe so make sure you have something to glue it into.  Nothing worse than just coming back from Lowe's and realizing you need another 50 cent part.

the home depot in merrifield is a little better than the one in fallschurch for plumbing,....as most said not great but if yuo get an idea of what you needs look online first. then be prepared to look in a box labeled for a lawnmower or 5inch union to find the correct fitting.

bring a picture vs the name of something.

try browns hardwards in falls churhc, Cherrydale hardware isnt half bad either.

lowes really is way outta the way for arlington.

if you wait for tonight i may actually have one or two of those

I just try and hit the Lowes out by work in Alexandria. It's still a hike, but it's easier than most of the traffic before and after 9-5 in this area.

The pic of the bushing you showed requires a 1" fitting of some type to work (90, coupling, etc.).  It won't connect directly to 1" pipe so make sure you have something to glue it into.  Nothing worse than just coming back from Lowe's and realizing you need another 50 cent part.

Thanks, Steve. I actually found the piece that I need, slip on one side, threaded on the top. The majority of my plumbing experience was what you described above. I ended up with a small box of extra fittings and parts that I'm sure will come in handy down the line.

Did you like the lowes on route 1? I personally think the Home Depot further down or the Home Depot near pristine aquariums is much better.

The lowes on route 1 is horrible IMO for plumbing.