Gorilla Super Glue Gel

ohaverd

Wow I'm really glad you asked this...I was debating this in Walmart myself the other day lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It sets quick? I've got stockpiles of this stuff!

MSDS is here. Looks like it's regular super glue gel (Ethyl Cyanoacrylate).

thanks for the info, looks like this falls in the noob category "let me google that for you" lol

(edited)

Lol noobs are a good thing! Keeps good conversations rolling around!

<---- noob! And proud! And broke! Lol

Edited by Mattiejay6

Lol noobs are a good thing! Keeps good conversations rolling around!

<---- noob! And proud! And broke! Lol

Not a complete noob anymore... likely just as broke so i am right there with  you :)

As long as the gel doesn't expand like regular gorilla glue does it should be no issues.  Can't use gorilla glue when doing wood projects as it can expand a great deal messing up the seams.

Makes sense... I was just looking at that new Jurassic glue from BRS.. Was thinking if using that for aqua scaling instead of mortar and people on reef central really liked it.

thanks for the info, looks like this falls in the noob category "let me google that for you" lol

No problem. I routinely look over the MSDS for a lot of products like this just to see what I can glean from them.

Not a complete noob anymore... likely just as broke so i am right there with  you :)

As long as the gel doesn't expand like regular gorilla glue does it should be no issues.  Can't use gorilla glue when doing wood projects as it can expand a great deal messing up the seams.

Regular gorilla glue is a polyurethane glue - very different than their cyanoacrylate product which is known to the rest of us as super glue gel.

Lol why?

I use it for many applications at work, just keep it on hand in bulk :)

Gorilla glue needs to be used with a clamp.  As long as you use it with a proper clamp you can use it on any surface

I use it for many applications at work, just keep it on hand in bulk :)

That's awesome ...

Was just making sure your hoarding didn't extend past reefing :lol: