Help Identifying FFE Corals, Please.

howaboutme

I'd like to know what I received on Sunday so here are some pictures to help me figure that out, all are LPS. I did get some SPS but they have not fully colored up yet so will post that at another time. Thanks to everyone in advance.

#1 Is this a favia or acan? If so, what kind?

DSC_0026-1.jpg

#2 Is this a favia or acan? If so, what kind?

DSC_0036-4.jpg

#3 Zoa or Palys? I have no clue..Since they are in the picture.....can you identify the acros? The right one next to the nem has colored up but I forgot what the color is...and the blues are on now. :wacko:

DSC_0035-3.jpg

#4 What kind of chalice?

DSC_0027-2.jpg

Looks like favia too me

Thanks. That's what I think for 1 & 2 as well.

Hey, I made that Frag, lol That's pretty Cool kinda'.lol

Thanks for helping.

Anyone else have opinions on the corals? #3 is stumping me, especially.

Thanks!

#3 are the zoanthids that were being cut when they made everyone back up if I'm not mistaken. I was literally right in front of the saw when they made us move back a step.

Common Names:

1. Pineapple Favia

2. Brain/Maze Favia

3. Blasto Merletti

4. Chalice

What is the name of the Acro next to the nem in photo 3?

Common Names:

1. Pineapple Favia

2. Brain/Maze Favia

3. Blasto Merletti

4. Chalice

Thanks Steve!

#3 was tough, I appreciate it. If you donated any of the above, thank you! If not, thank you anyways!

What is the name of the Acro next to the nem in photo 3?

I'll try to get a better pic in the next few days as the polyps start to come out even more. Did you get one of those too?

Also...if anyone knows the chalice name, that would be helpful. I am very an%l when it comes to knowing things since I'm new.

Thanks again!

To me #2 is a Goniastrea.

From looking at other pictures after you posted, you could be correct.....never even have heard of that before you posted. Thank you.

#2 looks to be a platygyra

Thanks, Richard.

I found this:

http://www.coralhub.info/cf/a-z/platygyra/#platy%20gonia

And in particular this quote:

Platygyra can be confused with Goniastrea but are easily separated by the paliform crown typical of Goniastrea. Platygyra does not possess paliform lobes and the corallites are less regular and neat.

Are you seeing the same? My understanding of that quote is very limited too......well, not much. lol.

Thank you!

looks kinda like Hollywood stunner chalice (i know i saw a large one fragged up) green eye with greenish teal body.

Acro is way to small to tell, though it may be ORA Pearlberry as the base its mounted too looks alot like wha Kjamaya was using for their frags.

#2 looks to be a platygyra

Platygyra has much more pronounced running groves than the coral pictured. As this frag grows out I think it will be more pronounced that it is a goniastrea.

looks kinda like Hollywood stunner chalice (i know i saw a large one fragged up) green eye with greenish teal body.

Acro is way to small to tell, though it may be ORA Pearlberry as the base its mounted too looks alot like wha Kjamaya was using for their frags.

Thanks for the chalice ID...at least  until someone else chimes in... :wacko:

RE: to your thread regarding plugs..That acro (from FFE donations) came w/o the mount. I mounted it myself to rubble rock and now it's stuck there temporarily. However, I did receive a few corals from Kristin and they all came unmounted as well. Thanks for that information, very helpful.

I got a piece of the Hollywood.... Almost ByFar.. My fav. piece.

I'll do you one more:

Donated by:

1 - Reefescapes

2 - Reefescapes

3 - BRK

4 - Reefescapes

HAHAHA, I love how he just called it as tho'...  know's his stuff,

lol

and a Special Thanks go out to those vender's. Thank You Again... :)

I'll do you one more:

Donated by:

1 - Reefescapes

2 - Reefescapes

3 - BRK

4 - Reefescapes

Well thank you for this. I asked John in his donation thread what the coral for frag #3 is...will ask regarding 1, 2 and 4 too.

Description for ORA Pearlberry is lavender tips. This has green tips, which are coming out pretty good now.

We did donate#1, #2, and #4, and some Hollywood stunner... but that isn't the stunner.  It is a chalice, but it not one that has a "Limited edition" name.   It came in from a supplier just a day before the event, it could color up and look like something that has a name, but as far as we know, it is just some random chalice. 

Let it grow out.  Give it clean water, good light and have another look at it in 6 months. 

We did donate#1, #2, and #4, and some Hollywood stunner... but that isn't the stunner.  It is a chalice, but it not one that has a "Limited edition" name.   It came in from a supplier just a day before the event, it could color up and look like something that has a name, but as far as we know, it is just some random chalice. 

Let it grow out.  Give it clean water, good light and have another look at it in 6 months. 

Thanks, Phil.

Could you possibly help identify what #1 and 2 are? I'm trying to be as thorough as possible in knowing what I have in the tank.

Thanks again for your help.